1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I do after AP chem?

1. Nov 3, 2009 #1
    I'm currently a high school senior. I self-studied for AP Chemistry (using Zumdahl) in 10th grade and would like to continue studying chemistry this year. My question is: what textbook should I use?

In AP Physics last year, teacher simply gave us a whole bunch of formulas to memorize. I went through them and figured out which ones were the definitions, which were the basic principles, and which could be derived from others using mathematical principles. So I'm the type of person who likes to find the reasoning behind everything. It reduces the amount of memorization and helps me understand things better.

I did pretty well in AP Phyiscs B last year, and for math, I've finished multivariable calculus and and currently self studying linear algebra. I would consider myself pretty good in math, so I wouldn't mind a textbook that's pretty math-heavy.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2009 #2
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Nov 5, 2009 #3
    Thank you for those suggestions. I will look into them.

5. Nov 6, 2009 #4
    Look at General Chemistry by Linus Pauling. Great book.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook