1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I do?

1. Nov 16, 2005 #1
    I have a big test on friction on Friday. What is the best way to practice? Should I do every single problem? For example, problems including inclines sometimes stump me. Freebody diagrams are the key to solving the problem. Are there any good websites covering friction?

Thanks for your input
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2005 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Understanding and skill go hand in hand. In fact, you don't really understand something (physics or math related) if you can't do the problems. So yes, I think you really should do every single problem. It's the best way to confront yourself with the material. Afterwards, after you've solved the problem, look back to inspect the solution. Is every step correct/jusitified. Is the answer plausible? Could you have derived the answer in a different way? Can you clearly see the structure of the solution?
    Going over every problem like this is really the best way to learn.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?