1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I do?

1. Sep 8, 2007 #1
    I need a loan for approximetly $60,000.

The money will be used to pay for college as well as pay for addiitonal pilot ratings. (Already a priavte pilot).

The goal is to eventually fly for hire, but I'll need college and additinal rating before I can do that.

Where can I get a loan for this amount?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2007 #2
    Go to the college financial aid office. They will set you up.

4. Sep 9, 2007 #3

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

One is fairly limited to the action suggested by wildman.

One will likely not get a loan for $60,000, especially at a reasonable interest rate, unless one has collateral. Student education loans are normally given on a year by year basis, in which case, interest will be added in successive years until one starts repaying the loan.

I would recommend minimizing the loan, and instead working part-time, and/or try to secure some grants or tuition waivers.

5. Nov 21, 2007 #4
    Astronuc's right, your more than likely gonna need some collateral. have a look on http://www.moneysupermarket.com/loans/ to give you an idea of what you can expect.

hows the flying going anyway, that's something ive been looking into? Are you heading for your instrument training an what now?

i think i'd like to be a cooperate pilot, or just a private pilot for people that need flying - is that flying for hire? Or do you just mean you will hire a plane every time you wanna fly. Guess that would probably work out cheaper wouldn't it. Upkeep, hanger fees an all that sure do add up!

6. Nov 21, 2007 #5
    Join the Airforce, train to fly for free.

7. Nov 21, 2007 #6
    Yeah, seems like going to the Air Force would be the "easy" way out.

8. Nov 21, 2007 #7
    Cheap but not easy. Also, the USAF isn't the only branch with planes. :surprised

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?