Learning About the Creation of the Universe: Advice for 14-Year-Old Jadaav

• Thread starter Jadaav
  • Start date
In summary, Jadaav was searching for information about the creation of the universe and found that he doesn't know much, so he recommends that someone wait to learn these things in education. He recommends the book, "The Universe in a Nutshell," by Stephen Hawking. He also recommends looking at mainstream publications and books in the science section of the forum.
Jadaav
Hi, I'm Jadaav and I'm only 14 years and I wanted to know which topic I need to learn first and so on about the creation of the universe.

I only know that the the universe was created by the big bang and inflation followed and then the universe is continuously expanding due to dark matter which scientist have suggested. I saw these on a documentary. I only know these in brief I don't know very much of them, so I wanted to learn each of them. What do i need to learn?

Answer please.

I'm totally confused.

It's my first start.

Physics news on Phys.org
My advice is to wait and learn these things in education- just like you wouldn't learn the guitar by yourself because you'll pick up bad habits (eg. "the universe was created by the big bang" is not technically correct).

While I admire your enthusiasm, there is no rush, and I've always found I forget something faster if I've tried to learn it before I am taught it by a teacher. Just my advice.

@ MikeyW I forget faster when someone teach me something like the teacher, but if I learn something by myself I won't forget it:D

Vincentm Thanks for the book but the thing is that in my country we can't buy from amazon. I tried once but I couldn't:(

Can i get the book without buying cause it will create many problems for buying it at amazon and other stores?

You should learn eveything, and base your own theories off what others have done, that's the beauty of science, the greatest questions, at this point, are only answered in theory, so read, read, about everything and decided for yourself if you think it makes sense

you can search for this book in this site

www.abebooks.com ,

i bought two books there and it quite an interesting webpage.

About the creation of the universe, hmm i don't know any book, but I would recommend you THe Universe in a Nutshell, by stephen hawking . I think the first time I tried to read it I was 15. It is really nice you could try it =)

Have a look in the science books portion of the forum and pick out some popular science books! Also go to your local book shop and have a browse through popular science. I started reading such material when I was around your age - some of it won't make sense but generally these books are accessible overall.

I remember Time Travel In Einstein's Universe by Richard J Gott as being a favourite of mine at the time - it isn't about the 'beginning' of the universe but is about similarly magical topics.

I did that and found no book like that or related to it.:(

Can this book be read online?

Jadaav said:
I did that and found no book like that or related to it.:(

Can this book be read online?

I'm afraid not. For news, you could look at the websites of some mainstream publications such as Scientific American, Astronomy Now, New Scientist etc. You will find some interesting articles that are partially accessible on these websites.

For books, perhaps you could look at Amazon or something and ask someone you know to order a book or two for you?

yeah, i'll check the websites and see if someone can order the books for me.

1. What is the Big Bang Theory and how does it explain the creation of the universe?

The Big Bang Theory is the most widely accepted scientific explanation for the creation of the universe. It states that approximately 13.8 billion years ago, all matter and energy in the universe was condensed into an extremely hot and dense singularity. This singularity then expanded rapidly, creating the universe as we know it today.

2. How do scientists study the creation of the universe?

Scientists use a variety of methods and tools to study the creation of the universe, including telescopes, satellites, and mathematical models. They also study the cosmic microwave background radiation, which is leftover heat from the Big Bang, to gain insight into the early stages of the universe.

3. What is dark matter and how does it affect the creation of the universe?

Dark matter is a mysterious substance that makes up about 85% of the matter in the universe. It does not interact with light and is only detectable through its gravitational effects on visible matter. While its exact role in the creation of the universe is still unknown, scientists believe it played a crucial role in the formation of galaxies and large-scale structure.

4. How does the expansion of the universe support the Big Bang Theory?

One of the key pieces of evidence for the Big Bang Theory is the expansion of the universe. Scientists have observed that galaxies and other objects in the universe are moving away from each other at an accelerating rate. This supports the idea that the universe began as a single point and has been expanding ever since.

5. Are there any alternative theories to the Big Bang Theory for the creation of the universe?

While the Big Bang Theory is the most widely accepted explanation for the creation of the universe, there are some alternative theories, such as the Steady State Theory and the Oscillating Universe Theory. However, these theories have not been able to explain all of the observations and evidence that support the Big Bang Theory.