• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Programs What Should I major in? (I am more interested in bioengineering than chemistry or biology)

Summary: My school does not offer any engineering majors.

I am attending university this upcoming fall and I have realized that I more interested in bioengineering than chemistry or biology. The only bad thing is that my university does not offer any engineering degrees. Should I major in biochemistry and math or physics? Or try to transfer colleges?

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Summary: My school does not offer any engineering majors.

I am attending university this upcoming fall and I have realized that I more interested in bioengineering than chemistry or biology. The only bad thing is that my university does not offer any engineering degrees. Should I major in biochemistry and math or physics? Or try to transfer colleges?
Why are you attending current institution then? Transfer as soon as possible if Engineering is what you want and your current university offers none of Engineering.

Or try to transfer colleges?
Since you haven't attended yet (you're planning to start there in the fall), you're not transferring. Certainly I would look for another school that offers degrees in what you're interested in. If it's too late to be admitted to a school of your choice, you might consider a two-year school, with an eye to taking courses that would transfer directly to the four-year school of your choice.

russ_watters

Mentor
Since you haven't attended yet (you're planning to start there in the fall), you're not transferring. Certainly I would look for another school that offers degrees in what you're interested in. If it's too late to be admitted to a school of your choice, you might consider a two-year school, with an eye to taking courses that would transfer directly to the four-year school of your choice.
...note, you could use the current school as that 2-year school. Enroll for as long as it takes to get accepted to a school that has what you want, up to about 2 years, taking the core math and science (and humanities) courses that pretty much every school requires and should be transferable.