Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Should I Major In

1. Nov 13, 2008 #1
    Currently I am majoring in the field of Chemical Engineering. While I do adore the applications and large spectrum of possibilities within this field, as of now, a sophmore, I feel like it is just a drag. While I do love a challenge, in which this field most surely is, I don't know if I'm positive anymore if it is for me.

My choice of what I am now currently interested in and nearly obsessing over, is physics. For the longest time I have been interested in theoretical physics. I love the idea of solving the biggest questions be asked and discovering never before known things. It is amazing so I believe.

I know physics is simply applied mathematics and engineering is applied physics.
    I would just like to know to opinion of other people that may have switched majors and possibly any guidance they can offer.
    *I have contacted the adviser for my physics department, but I still have to set up a meeting.

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted