1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Should I Major In

1. Nov 13, 2008 #1
    Currently I am majoring in the field of Chemical Engineering. While I do adore the applications and large spectrum of possibilities within this field, as of now, a sophmore, I feel like it is just a drag. While I do love a challenge, in which this field most surely is, I don't know if I'm positive anymore if it is for me.

My choice of what I am now currently interested in and nearly obsessing over, is physics. For the longest time I have been interested in theoretical physics. I love the idea of solving the biggest questions be asked and discovering never before known things. It is amazing so I believe.

I know physics is simply applied mathematics and engineering is applied physics.
    I would just like to know to opinion of other people that may have switched majors and possibly any guidance they can offer.
    *I have contacted the adviser for my physics department, but I still have to set up a meeting.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted