1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What should I minor in?

1. Jan 20, 2010 #1
    Hey all,

As the title suggests, I'm seriously considering taking a minor for my degree and am curious what it should be. I'm currently in second year Mechanical Engineering specializing in Mechatronics. I'm also taking co-op. I find that most engineers who take a minor do it in Commerce - and I want to be more original.

I am considering an English minor instead as I (currently) believe that it would be most beneficial - especially since I'm planning on doing an MBA later down the road so I think Commerce may be redundant.

Do you think this would help me later down the road, or would you suggest a different minor. There are math, physics, commerce or arts available here at UBC. What is industry looking for?

Any opinions are much appreciated. Thanks

Quick edit: I guess I should have said that I wish to go into more managerial positions.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2010 #2
    I've been told by a significant number of employers that minors do not have much of an effect on consideration for employment. Minor in something that interests you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook