What should my girlfriend name her tiger?

  • Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
  • #1
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
10,226
34

Main Question or Discussion Point

My girlfriend has a large pet white tiger in the online role-playing game World of Warcraft. What should she name it?

- Warren
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
1,490
22
You should suggest chroot. :smile:
 
  • #3
345
1
..

name it bekho.

It literally means white tiger in korean :wink:
 
  • #4
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
1,890
3
Not exactly white, and i'm not sure if you can purchase boots, but what about:

Puss in Boots

Although, I do like Bladibla suggestion.
 
Last edited:
  • #5
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
9,970
132
Moby Jack, perhaps?
On the other hand, Bladibla's suggestion was very good, whereas mine was not.
 
Last edited:
  • #6
344
2
dduardo said:
Not exactly white, and i'm not sure if you can purchase boots, but what about:

Puss in Boots

Although, I do like Bladibla suggestion.
Or you could tell chroot to take the linux way out and name the tiger Linux. :biggrin:
 
  • #7
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
12,988
543
If we're talking about a smart tiger,advise her to name it:"Dexter"... :cool:

Daniel.
 
  • #8
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
1,890
3
motai said:
Or you could tell chroot to take the linux way out and name the tiger Linux. :biggrin:
They gave me an idea. Why doesn't she call the tiger "Apple". That's a nice feminine name and it runs on the freebsd kernel. :tongue2:
 
  • #9
32
0
how about, "roy"?

lololololol.

no? ok...
 
  • #10
1,414
5
chroot said:
My girlfriend has a large pet white tiger in the online role-playing game World of Warcraft. What should she name it?

- Warren
Sigfried's Nemesis?
 
  • #11
1,414
5
dduardo said:
They gave me an idea. Why doesn't she call the tiger "Apple". That's a nice feminine name and it runs on the freebsd kernel. :tongue2:
Or name it Daemon. I like that one
 
  • #12
Is it a boy tiger or a girl tiger?
 
  • #13
1,085
6
chroot said:
My girlfriend has a large pet white tiger in the online role-playing game World of Warcraft. What should she name it?

- Warren
You need some help! :rofl:

She is your real girlfriend and not, just, your role playing girlfriend right? :tongue2:

Back on topic, I like Bladibla's idea. Find a foreign name for tiger and use it.
 
  • #14
eax
61
0
Call the tiger Kooritza
 
  • #15
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,750
13
I love WoW.

So addicted...

Can't... stop... playing...

I just got a mount for my L45 mage. (this is after I got tired of playing on the PvP server with my L54 warrior)
 
  • #16
1,414
5
enigma said:
I love WoW.

So addicted...

Can't... stop... playing...

I just got a mount for my L45 mage. (this is after I got tired of playing on the PvP server with my L54 warrior)

I've been wanting to get it for a while now. Just been debating on whether i want it enough to pay for the game and the monthly fee too.
 
  • #17
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,711
7
Graham, without contest.
 
  • #18
eax
61
0
If you want a really scary name call the tiger Bin Ladin :biggrin:
 
  • #19
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,750
13
I've been wanting to get it for a while now. Just been debating on whether i want it enough to pay for the game and the monthly fee too
The monthly fee is the cost of 3 meals at McDonalds.

It really depends on how much time you think you will spend playing. I have played the game for at least a little bit almost every day since I got it. A worthwhile expenditure, IMO.

My friends and I refer to it as WoWcrack.

And no, I have no social life.

If you do pick it up, and want to play alliance, register on silvermoon server and send Linell a tell ingame :cool:
 
  • #20
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
It's sad how many friends I've lost to WoW. :cry:
 
  • #21
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,750
13
Since noone has linked anything and not everyone would know what we're talking about:

World of Warcraft
 
  • #22
1,414
5
enigma said:
The monthly fee is the cost of 3 meals at McDonalds.

It really depends on how much time you think you will spend playing. I have played the game for at least a little bit almost every day since I got it. A worthwhile expenditure, IMO.
Its not so much the money spent as dealing with a parental hassle involving the payment methods (don't really want to go into it, just suffice to say my mother is a money nazi control freak).

My friends and I refer to it as WoWcrack.

And no, I have no social life.

If you do pick it up, and want to play alliance, register on silvermoon server and send Linell a tell ingame :cool:
WoWcrack, hehe.

Scoial lives are overrated, they're dependent on other people being interesting.
 
  • #23
enigma
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
1,750
13
Oh, and Warren.

Your girlfriend should name her cat: "Shroedinger"

edit: came up with a better name
 
Last edited:
  • #24
Chronos
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,408
738
I love mythological names for fantasy characters. Qilin is the white tiger of the west in Chinese mythology - one of the four celestial emblems. Spelling variants include:

Traditional Chinese: Qilin, or kylin;
Cantonese: kay-lun;
Hokkien: kee lin;
Japanese: Kirin.
 
Last edited:
  • #25
1,414
5
Chronos said:
I love mythological names for fantasy characters. Qilin is the white tiger of the west in Chinese mythology - one of the four celestial emblems. Spelling variants include:

Traditional Chinese: Qilin, or kylin;
Cantonese: kay-lun;
Hokkien: kee lin;
Japanese: Kirin.

Interesting, Kirin is a brand of japanese beer.

Tiger Beer.....hmmm.....
 

Related Threads on What should my girlfriend name her tiger?

Replies
40
Views
12K
  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
16
Views
6K
  • Last Post
Replies
6
Views
7K
Replies
23
Views
22K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
5K
  • Last Post
Replies
20
Views
4K
Replies
20
Views
10K
Replies
75
Views
7K
Replies
20
Views
2K
Top