Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What Smiley's would you just LOVE to see?

1. Nov 8, 2004 #1

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

With my apologies in advance to Admin for whining, I’m going to come right out and say that too often I cannot quite find the Smiley I really need to put that special touch on a post. A few of those I need to articulate myself properly are:

Barfing Smiley. I mean really, how does one properly express nausea without a hurling little face?

Something-stuck-up-the-butt Smiley. We desperately need this one for anal retentive posts.

Being-electrocuted Smiley. Good for expressing one’s shock over the latest dumb idea posted.

Arrow-through-the-head Smiley. For that wounded feeling.

Swollen-head Smiley. For the BIG ego.

Gun to-the-head Smiley. I think I’m going to shoot myself.

Bulging-eyes Smiley. Your freakin’ me out.

Pounding-heart Smiley. Love ya.

Toasting-beer Smiley. I went to Tom’s Super400 site and they have a really cool Smiley toasting with a frothy mug of beer. Just what one needs after posting most of the above Smileys to say, “no hard feelings.”

What Smileys are you most in need of?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

On multiple occasions, I've wished for the barfer or the beer-toaster.

4. Nov 8, 2004 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I want a smiley that shrugs. And since we have a devil smiley, I also want an angel, for when I feign innocence.

5. Nov 8, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, yes ! I'd like the shrugger too. I've wanted so many...but nothing comes to mind now when I try to think...easier to let others come up with the ideas.

6. Nov 8, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I like all the above, but we probably won't be granted any new ones. :mad:

Les, we have a bugeye smiley.

7. Nov 8, 2004 #6

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

True (tho I was thinking of a more bloodshot look). Okay, replace that request with . . . 1. flies flying around what appears to be a dead head, or 2. what looks like a pounding headache.

I like Moonbear's idea for an angelic Smiley to act innocent. That's diabolical.

8. Nov 8, 2004 #7
    Love :!!) Angel o:)

9. Nov 8, 2004 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Thank you Greg!!!!!!!! :!!) o:)

10. Nov 9, 2004 #9
    He's like God isn't he.
    Quiet, doesn't say much, and just when you start to think there is no such thing as a Greg B. BAM! Thunder and Lightning, angels singing, he shows up and grants a wish, performs a miracle. There's no discussion involved, he speaks, we listen. No wasted words, no adjectives, no verbs. Omnipotently succinct, then he vanishes into the ether leaving everyone standing around in awe.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  11. Nov 9, 2004 #10

Les Sleeth

Gold Member

Thanks Greg, I just realized you gave us two new ones! :!!) I actually was only inviting everyone to be silly and think up weird Smileys. I wouldn't really want barfing, beer-drinking Smileys, you know that right? o:)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  12. Nov 9, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yay!!!!! New smilies!!!! :!!) o:) Thanks Greg!!!

13. Nov 9, 2004 #12

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They don't have that one. They've enabled the [ img ] tags so that we can use any smiley we find on the web. Here at PF, I think the [ img ] tags are only enabled in the General Discussion Forum.

Greg, any reason we can't have that all over the site? That we we could stop bugging you for smilies.

14. Nov 9, 2004 #13

jimmy p

Gold Member

I would like to see a smiley smacking it's forehead for those D'OH!! moments.

15. Nov 9, 2004 #14
    And to carry my analogy another step forward. Look at the sheep, never satisfied. God works a miracle and what do they do? pray for more.

16. Nov 10, 2004 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

Can sheep pray?

17. Nov 10, 2004 #16
    Like you've never brought a sheep to its knees.

18. Nov 11, 2004 #17
    I want a smiley of a pretty girl throwing kisses

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?