Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What special physical / mental gifts do you possess ?

1. Feb 16, 2004 #1
    What fairly special, unique (in your opinion) serious or humorous physical / mental / psychic gifts do you reckon you possess and please explain how they work, or how you sometimes use them.
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2004 #2

jimmy p

Gold Member

I have a special ability to speak BEFORE i think which coincides with my other special ability of inserting my foot into my mouth [b(] [b(] Luckily people are used to it now
  4. Feb 16, 2004 #3
    Over time I have trained myself to listen to a note and tune it by ear (not very special, but it works). Most of the time, if it sounds out of tune, it is sharp.
  5. Feb 16, 2004 #4

Staff: Mentor

Wow, I just realized that not only do I have no special abilities, I'm actually quite dull and boring.
  6. Feb 16, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i have an uncanny ability to not only predict a few seconds before the phone rings that it will, but also know who is going to call...there are other small "coincidences" of being clairvoyant, but it would take me all day to name them...
  7. Feb 16, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus

Mine is reoccuring deja vu. I always feel like i'm doing things twice. Must be some type of glitch in the matrix.
  8. Feb 16, 2004 #7

Gold Member

Multiple Timequakes?
  9. Feb 16, 2004 #8
    I didn't come with gifts and if I did they are pretty elusive
  10. Feb 17, 2004 #9
    i dont know wat my gift is but i hope its not something tht is not appealing to me,like say throwing horse shoes onto a stake in the ground
  11. Feb 17, 2004 #10
    I have a few actually...I'm ambidextrous, and can write with both hands at the same time. On really nice days, I can write in german on my left and english on my right.
  12. Feb 17, 2004 #11
    The other day I was laying in bed, trying to sleep (bit of an insomnia problem).
    Anyway, there is an opaque curtain between me and the alarm clock, plus, without my glasses on (near-sighted asitgmatism) I can't clearly see the numbers.
    With my eyes closed I imagined myself moving the curtain and cheking the time (I am not sure why I did this, I was in a half-asleep state at the time).
    I sqinted at the alarm clock and tried to move closer because the numbers weren't clear.
    I could make out that it was something:18.
    Knowing I usually get home from work at about 9:00 AM, I assumed it was 9:18.
    Doing this made me wonder what time it really was, so I moved the curtain, squinted my eyes and looked closer.
    It was 9:18.

Innate sense of time?
    Out of body experience?
    Reading someone else's mind?
    Connection with the Prana and Akasha?
    Who knows?
    But it happened.
  13. Feb 17, 2004 #12
    I see dead people.

Of course I was at a viewing (prefuneral service) at the time...

Actually, I can often predict when a street light is going to turn red. For a while I had a pretty high success rate.
  14. Feb 17, 2004 #13
    Check out my post on deja vu, in the thread "Day Jaa Voo" in the biology section.

I'm refering, of course, to the extremely peculiar and powerful feeling that the present situation in all its detail seems to be something we already experienced at some indeterminate point in the past, despite an intellectual realization this could not be the case.
  15. Feb 17, 2004 #14
    I've had this experience, as well. It certainly presents as too specific and accurate to casually written off as coincidence, doesn't it? I have never been able to close my mind to the possibility of something along the lines of telepathy.
  16. Feb 17, 2004 #15
    It was probably nothing. If you were tired, two things have a very high probability of being true - 1) Your mind really could make out what time it was when you "couldnt see it" but you still believed you couldn't. This _does_ happen sometimes. 2) You looked the second time, and in your minds non-fully-awake state, it sort of made up that that's what you had saw when you closed your eyes.

But anyhoo, that's jsut if you were really tired. Hey, if the memory is clear to you then hey..I can't explain it. Sounds cool to me.

PS: Quote shortened. Did not want to waste space quoting it in its entirety.
  17. Feb 17, 2004 #16
    Haven't I already seen that??

As of the Original question...

My life. soo "Yes", sorta "both", and no one can prove a thing!
  18. Feb 17, 2004 #17

Science Advisor

I have an uncanny ability to do strange math operations when I'm under stress. I'll get amazing marks on exams in physics, math and chemistry but when I get the exam back marked, the math I did makes absolutely no sense at all but it magically comes up with the right answer. Even my friends and the teacher have a hard time understanding what I did because it's always done a weird way and numbers used are just pulled out of the air it seems.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  19. Feb 17, 2004 #18
    Me too.
    It is usually shortly after it turns yellow. :wink:
  20. Feb 17, 2004 #19
    Well I travel though time, however it isn't that special. Idk i can stay up a long time but then again many can do that as well it seems, more and more.
  21. Feb 17, 2004 #20
    Everyone has something.

As for me, I'm very coordinated with my feet, but very goofy with my hands.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?