Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What super power/s do you most wish you had and why ?

1. Dec 10, 2003 #1
    Excluding the seemingly obvious and boringly predictable
    (invisibility, being able to fly, shape shifting, telekinesis),
    what (serious or humorous) creative, witty superpower/s do you most wish you had at your command and why ?

Any superpower/s relating to anything in physics you'd love to see demonstrated, would be cool.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2003 #2
    Ability to seduce any woman I chose would be nice.
  4. Dec 10, 2003 #3
    Hmm... I cant think of one myself, but I do know that Homer Simpson can tell what the text on a cake is by sniffing it from a distance... he can also hear pudding. That *might* come in handy.
  5. Dec 10, 2003 #4
    I already have the ability to stay up all night hanging out at the Physics Forum
  6. Dec 10, 2003 #5
    If i could have one power relating to physics it would be to understand everything in the universe. To solve the super string theory and mtheory and prove to all the unbelievers out there that they are wrong and string theory is really "the theory of everything". I could win the nobel prize and get a million bucks
  7. Dec 11, 2003 #6
    I have this ability too.

I wish my brain could function well without any sleep until the day I die. If possible, I wish I could live forever. There're so many interesting things to learn and enjoy but life is so short.
  8. Dec 11, 2003 #7

jimmy p

Gold Member

I wish i had the ability to understand women . OOH OOH! and be at the right place at the right time!
  9. Dec 11, 2003 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

I'd like clairvoyance, to be able to know what really goes on behind the locked doors in the corridors of power.

And no, I wouldn't use it to snoop on people's sex lives. Cross my heart.
  10. Dec 11, 2003 #9
    I like the idea of clairvoyance too. However, if I could have a super-power that was somehow related to physics, I'd say the ability to harness quantum entanglement (which would allow me to teleport). As well as harnessing quantum tunneling, which would let me walk through walls. And I would also like to be able to move through the higher spacial dimensions. Indeed, this last one could take the place of "clairvoyance", since I could then peak behind any closed doors simply by looking at it from another dimension.
  11. Dec 11, 2003 #10

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I recall being asked what three super powers I would want. My response was omniscience, omnipotence, and the ability to breathe underwater.

I think I would like the power of Maxwell's demon.
  12. Dec 11, 2003 #11

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think a Being John Malcovic (sp) type power would be divine... the ability to slip into anyone's mind at any given time, and experience what he or she experiences.
  13. Dec 11, 2003 #12
    X-ray vision, think of the possablites i could give who ever i wanted to cancer
  14. Dec 11, 2003 #13
    Interesting topic. It coincides with my avatar. :smile:

If I could I'd like to have the powers of (or even be for a day) Ororo Munroe better known as Storm of the X-men...the wind witch.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2003
  15. Dec 12, 2003 #14

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The ability to rub my belly while patting my head and hopping on one foot.

The ability to change history at will and then see what happens [happened].

The ability to refuse the IRS...but that's just too far out.
  16. Dec 13, 2003 #15
    Well, omnipotence would kind of include the ability to breath underwater by default, right?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?