What superhero do you most closely identify with?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, When asked what superhero they most closely identify with, the participants listed a variety of choices including Galactus, Batman, Punisher, The Penguin, Professor X, Mighty Mouse, Voltron, The Phantom, Middle Aged Man from SNL, Gordon Freeman, Buttercup, The Joker, Genghis Khan, Superman, Lobo, Catwoman, Hulk, Mama's Boy, Smurf, Kaos the Bringer of Disorder, Bicycle Repair Man, Artman, Clark Kent, Captain Yesterday, Dexter, Beast, Wolverine, Mermaidman, Wonderdog, Peter Parker, and Cyclops+Venom. Some mentioned specific reasons for their choices, such as relating to their own species or having an overinflated
Loren Booda
What superhero do you most closely identify with?

Me? Galactus!

Physics news on Phys.org
Batman or Punisher(no powers, yet still kickass)

Not a superhero

The Penguin

I relate well to my own species

Never really thought of this before, but I guess it would be Professor X.

Mighty Mouse, or Voltron...there some much alike I really have a hard time picking one over the other...

http://www.ghg.net/wduncan/voltron/3dvoltron.jpg

or

mightym.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been partial to the Phantom.

Middle Aged Man, from SNL. All middle aged superheros will understand.

gordon freeman

Buttercup!
http://www.bunnybass.com/e-zine/basspets/pics/buttercup.jpg
Probably because I'm angry most of the time...but sweet and lovable too. :smile:

Sunayana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Fantastic but that's probably due to my over inflated ego!

The Joker from Batman

marlon

Genghis Khan :tongue2:

Superman!

Bicycling faster than a speeding bullet... I often feel like Superman while bicycling.

honestrosewater said:
Never really thought of this before, but I guess it would be Professor X.

Not Super Girl ? OOPs i said the g word.

Ivan Seeking said:
Middle Aged Man, from SNL. All middle aged superheros will understand.
That was Jon Lovitz IIRC...great skit.

Lobo
Lobo.

Does Catwoman count?

Math Is Hard said:
Does Catwoman count?

With that leather costume it must be one of the top three.

Must be Hulk for me, ugly and witless, a thing that no one loves. :biggrin:

FredGarvin said:
That was Jon Lovitz IIRC...great skit.

Hey, you're looking at my gut aren't you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...and be sure to replace the seals in your water faucets at least every ten years...

My hero.

wolram said:
Not Super Girl ? OOPs i said the g word.
Be careful or Professor X may have to make you wear the catwoman costume. Hm, or something else you wouldn't enjoy so much. :wink:

yourdadonapogostick said:
Batman or Punisher(no powers, yet still kickass)
Are you sure? I was thinking you'd be Mama's Boy.

smurf could be ru paul

regarding superheroes i would be myself , kaos the bringer of disorder!

honestrosewater said:
Be careful or Professor X may have to make you wear the catwoman costume. Hm, or something else you wouldn't enjoy so much. :wink:
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Bicycle Repair Man!

ARTMAN

Can divert a mighty thread in just a few keystrokes, able to jump to conclusions without a clue. Look, up in the dictionary, it's a bird, it's pain, it's Artman!

That being said, I'm much more like Clark Kent. :blushing:

Captain Yesterday.

Dexter!

Always messing up things.

that guy with the blue fur in the x-men. the silver surfer has always been my favourite though.

fourier jr said:
that guy with the blue fur in the x-men. the silver surfer has always been my favourite though.
Beast. Yeah, he reminds me of Ape from the George of the Jungle cartoons.

Wolverine. You don't want to mess with me.

Mermaidman, off Spongebob Squarepants.

I envy dr strange, but feel more like wonderdog.

Hmm I would be Peter Parker :cry:, or better yet Cyclops+Venom= Cyclovenom :tongue2:

1. What qualities do you possess that make you identify with a particular superhero?

As a scientist, I am analytical, curious, and always seeking to understand the world around me. These qualities align with superheroes who are known for their intelligence, such as Iron Man or Batman.

2. Is there a specific superhero that you relate to because of your profession?

As a scientist, I often relate to superheroes who use their scientific knowledge to save the world, like Mr. Fantastic or Spider-Man (who also happens to be a scientist in some versions of the comics).

3. Do you feel that your scientific background influences your choice of superhero?

Absolutely. Being a scientist has taught me to think critically and approach problems logically, which are traits often found in superheroes who use their intellect to defeat their enemies.

4. Are there any superheroes that you feel represent the scientific community well?

There are many superheroes who have backgrounds in science, such as Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic), Hank Pym (Ant-Man), and Bruce Banner (The Hulk). These characters often showcase the importance of scientific discovery and the potential for both good and harm that comes with it.

5. How do you think your scientific knowledge can benefit your identification with a superhero?

As a scientist, I am constantly learning and adapting to new information. This mindset is similar to that of many superheroes who are always seeking to improve and enhance their abilities. Additionally, my understanding of science allows me to appreciate the scientific explanations and technology behind many superhero powers and gadgets.