1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What text book's should I use?

1. Jul 17, 2013 #1
    Hey everyone, I really do hope I'm posting in the right section new forums can be overwhelming sometimes so it's hard to know.

I'm looking to start learning physics, I have little to no experience in the subject and was wondering what textbooks I should buy, I want to self teach myself from a beginners level, to as far as I am able to at home, so basically from a year 11 level to as advance as I can possibly self teach, I know there are ebooks on this site but I'd rather learn out of a textbook, any help is greatly appreciated and I promise to become active on this forum once i start learning :). I don't want to just learn theories I actually want to learn what they teach at school and uni. I can to this forum after realising I should ask some experts what I should learn instead of buying random textbooks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 17, 2013 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

How much mathematics do you know? Algebra? Trigonometry? Calculus?

4. Jul 17, 2013 #3
    I know algebra and trigonometry, If I see the physics work though and I realise I need to work more on my maths as well I'll just get my old math textbooks and buy some if I have to :) but I don't know Calculus

5. Jul 17, 2013 #4
    This one is good for calculus Calculus: An Intuitive and Physical Approach By MORRIS KLINE
    Mathematics and the Physical World (Dover books explaining science) by Morris Kline

6. Jul 17, 2013 #5
  7. Jul 18, 2013 #6
  8. Aug 5, 2013 #7
    Maybe it's late, but this book is very interesting and useful (as u want from basic to advance)
    PRINCIPLES OF PHYSICS by FREDERICK J. BUECHE & DAVID A. JERDE

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted