What the Bleep - Drew Barrymore and Physics: What to Look For?

• Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the movie "What the Bleep" is known for misapplying cutting edge physics ideas and is targeted towards an audience with limited knowledge of physics. Despite this, the conversation participants plan to watch it due to a friend's request, but one person believes it is complete garbage. Drew Barrymore's claims of the movie being life-changing and providing proof of soul are met with skepticism. The linked thread also supports the notion that the movie is widely considered to be a failure.
pattylou
"What the Bleep..."

I have heard it's for an audience who doesn't know much about physics, as it supposedly takes "cutting edge" physics ideas and misapplies them recklessly.

We plan to rent it because a friend wanted to know our opinion. I would not see the movie, on my own; I'd rather see "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Anywho, is the movie all that Drew Barrymore says it is? Life changing? Proof of soul? Or complete garbage? Or some of each? What should we look for, when we watch it?

Physics news on Phys.org
pattylou said:
Anywho, is the movie all that Drew Barrymore says it is? Life changing? Proof of soul? Or complete garbage? Or some of each? What should we look for, when we watch it?

I my opinion: complete garbage

I see that the thread linked is open and the other threads on this topic are closed, so I'm closing this one. :smile:

1. What is "What the Bleep" about?

"What the Bleep" is a documentary film that explores the connections between quantum physics, consciousness, and spirituality. It features Drew Barrymore as one of the narrators and discusses various theories and concepts from the field of physics.

2. Is "What the Bleep" scientifically accurate?

While the film presents some interesting ideas and theories, it has been heavily criticized by the scientific community for its misrepresentation of physics concepts and new age beliefs. Many experts have debunked the claims made in the film and it should not be taken as a reliable source of scientific information.

3. What role does Drew Barrymore play in "What the Bleep"?

Drew Barrymore is one of the narrators in the film and provides some of the voiceovers and commentary throughout the documentary. She also shares her personal experiences and beliefs related to the topics discussed in the film.

4. Can "What the Bleep" be considered a credible source of information?

No, "What the Bleep" should not be considered a credible source of information on physics or any other scientific topic. The film presents pseudoscientific claims and should not be used as a reference for accurate information.

5. Does "What the Bleep" offer any insights or valuable information?

While the film's scientific accuracy has been heavily criticized, it does offer some interesting perspectives and thought-provoking ideas about the nature of reality, consciousness, and the universe. However, it is important to approach these concepts with a critical and skeptical mindset and not take them as absolute truths.