Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What the color of caca/fecis?

1. Jun 28, 2003 #1

Dx

Does anyone know what color is caca/fecis before it leaves our digestive tract and enters the anus? I thought it was so funny when my wife told me.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2003 #2
    You two must exchange some pretty fvcked up dialogue....

Why am I suddenly thinking about Marla Singer and Tyler Durden?

eNtRopY

4. Jun 28, 2003 #3

Dx

Re: Re: what the color of caca/fecis?

Its not like that we both work in the hospital so we see alot of sh*t. If you think thats bad wait till your forty and you get a scope up the pooper dude. thats fvcked up!

5. Jun 28, 2003 #4

LOL! but didn't jack (or whatever his name was) have to transmit messages in between them?

6. Jun 28, 2003 #5
    Re: Re: Re: what the color of caca/fecis?

Remind me to go vegan before that happens.

eNtRopY

7. Jun 28, 2003 #6

Sure he did, but in the book (I just read it last weekend) Marla and Tyler were constantly calling each other human waste and other classy obsenities.

eNtRopY

8. Jun 28, 2003 #7
    Re: Re: Re: Re: what the color of caca/fecis?

i read the book a while back and if i remember correctly this is one of the very few times that the movie was better than the book.

9. Jun 29, 2003 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As I read this you know the answer. So what is the answer? I really don't want to think about this anymore. :wink:

I will guess yellow and green.

10. Jun 29, 2003 #9

Dx

Good guess, its yellow inside your colon but as it exits due to lack of water it changes color to what we know of it today. by the way, as we reach 40yrs old everyone should have a colonoscopy dont for early signs of cancer and its sometimes good to have your colon flushed if your doctor thinks it may be causing you to be fatigued.

Just some FYI type stuff, i found it interesting. kinda like blood. what color is it really?
    Dx

11. Jun 29, 2003 #10

it comes in shades of red from the well known blood red to a darker magenta color. the playground idea that blood is blue until it touches oxygen holds little water. it is a purpler shade in the viens that lead into the heart because the oxygen has been saturated, but at no point is it actually blue.

just FYI...

12. Jun 29, 2003 #11

Dx

Re: Re: Re: Re: what the color of caca/fecis?

Good show Max!:wink:

13. Jun 29, 2003 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

no no no no no no no no! I know.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?