What Does the Fox Say? Toddler's Version

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary, the 3-year-old singing this song sounds like she's cussing... which is hilarious because the song is about a fox... which probably didn't help. The song has gone viral and is popular on vine.
Pythagorean
Gold Member

Whenever my 3-year-old sings this, it sounds like she's cussing... I swear he intentionally left the "does" out so that this would happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Dude this is so viral right now it's insane-like every other vine has this in some form lol. I don't know if I should reevaluate my life knowing that I absolutely love this song ;)

Pythagorean said:
I swear he intentionally left the "does" out so that this would happen.
No doubt in my mind. However, it was probably aimed at a higher age group, and no one considered there might be collateral damage.

WannabeNewton said:
Dude this is so viral right now it's insane-like every other vine has this in some form lol. I don't know if I should reevaluate my life knowing that I absolutely love this song ;)

I was a little on the fence until he first started doing the fox sounds, then I sat down and stared.

Then came the "moo-o-o-o-orse" line and I knew it was going to be a while before I got tired of this one. Look at how many hits he has. Insane.

Wow. I watched half the video and had to shut it down.

Uhm, I do believe some drugs were involved in the making of that video. :uhh:

zoobyshoe said:

so are you old or just tired?

:P

But this damaged the English language more:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Uhm, I do believe some drugs were involved in the making of that video. :uhh:
Only some? :rofl:

WannabeNewton said:

LOL. I actually saw the vine posts way before the actual video until this past week when a friend told me about the video. So I decided to force myself to watch the whole video and I was like, "What on Earth did I just watch?!"

I must admit, it was catchy, but annoying.

Yeah I saw a vine video using the song before seeing the actual song and I had convinced myself that the viners were tripping beyond measure.

What is this vine?

*shrugs*

I guess I meant what is a vine? Never heard the term.

Pythagorean said:
I guess I meant what is a vine? Never heard the term.

Vine is an app for iPhones and Android phones. Vine is just a 6 second video app pretty much. I usually just get on to view funny videos, I rarely post videos.

Astrometry said:
Vine is an app for iPhones and Android phones. Vine is just a 6 second video app pretty much. I usually just get on to view funny videos, I rarely post videos.
Thank you, I had never heard of it either.

Evo said:
Thank you, I had never heard of it either.

You're welcome.

I'm sure you can look up funny vines on YouTube. I'm positive people have uploaded vines to YouTube, of some sort.

zoobyshoe said:

You got further than I did.

Pythagorean said:

:tongue2:

I like to think of myself as old enough to be wise about how I spend my time :approve:.

Pythagorean said:

Neither. I have taste.

I would liken you more to Confucius.

lisab said:
You got further than I did.

:tongue2:

I like to think of myself as old enough to be wise about how I spend my time :approve:.

+1

zoobyshoe said:
Neither. I have taste.

+2*

*Don't ask me. :biggrin:

1. What is "What Does the Fox Say? Toddler's Version"?

"What Does the Fox Say? Toddler's Version" is a popular children's song and music video created by the Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis. It is a simplified version of their viral hit "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?)" and is designed specifically for young children.

2. What is the meaning behind the song?

The song is meant to be a silly and humorous exploration of the noises and sounds that different animals make, including the fox. It is not meant to have a deeper meaning or message.

3. Is there a specific dance or actions that go along with the song?

Yes, the music video features a simple dance routine that involves mimicking the actions of different animals, including the fox. However, there is no set dance or actions that go along with the song, and children are free to create their own movements and interpretations.

4. Who is the intended audience for "What Does the Fox Say? Toddler's Version"?

The song and video are specifically created for young children, typically ages 2-6. However, the catchy tune and silly lyrics have also gained popularity with older children and even adults.

5. Are there any educational or developmental benefits to the song?

While the song may not have any specific educational or developmental goals, it can still be a fun and engaging way for young children to learn about different animal sounds and movements. It also promotes creativity and imagination as children are encouraged to come up with their own interpretations and actions for the song.