Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What the heck?

1. Jan 31, 2005 #1
    I know this isn't the right place to post this, but... Three of my accounts (user names: iodmys, anonymous299792458, James Dean) seem to have been disabled by one of your mods, Evo, because I dared to question her authority. I can still log in with those accounts, but I can't post. I have made quite a few legitimate posts, which you can confirm for yourself. "James Dean" was disabled supposedly for sexual harassment, although other people on this forum have talked about virtually the same topics. "iodmys" and "anonymous299792458" were disabled simply for asking her why she disabled my first account. I did not deserve this treatment.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 31, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Your new account was banned when it was discovered that you already have a banned account, but were continuing to post under multple user ID's.

4. Jan 31, 2005 #3
    So I was banned merely because I was posting from the same IP? That doesn't seem fair.

5. Jan 31, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

When you are banned under one name, it is not ok to continue to post under other names. Another user that was banned reappeared last night under another name and he was also banned.

6. Jan 31, 2005 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Your additional accounts were banned by me (not Evo) not because you have the same IP as a banned user, but because you ARE in fact a banned user. Don't play dumb, we all know that you are the same person who initially received a 21 day ban through the warning system.

Stop creating new usernames. We are just going to ban those, too. When the 21 day ban expires on your initial account, then you can resume posting, if you can behave yourself.

7. Feb 2, 2005 #6
    would it be a crime if i showed the guy how to get around detection by you guys and come on with a new user name?

8. Feb 2, 2005 #7

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What, you got some magic trick to make him stop making sexually explicit posts and antagonizing the staff? Seriously, do you think some dopey techno-trick is going cover up an unsavory personality?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?