1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What the hell?

1. Oct 23, 2007 #1
    Without taking up too much time, I came across this ridiculous article (only pasted the first 2 paragraphs) which supposedly was discovered out of Bell laboratories. What is this nonsense??

"A few leading scientists have come up with a new theory that is sending shock waves through the world of physics. Ever since Benjamin Franklin -- and maybe before -- people have believed that light emitted outward and replaced the emptiness we call darkness. Today this old theory is in question.

According to some researchers the sources of light -- the sun, candles, light bulbs -- actually suck dark in. In enlightened circles light bulbs are more accurately called dark suckers. Behind this scientific breakthrough lie some shocking facts."

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2007 #2
    I think the forum policies here are conflicting: should you have cited your source (so we can tell you whether it's humour, say), or are you prohibited from doing so?

4. Oct 24, 2007 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Oct 24, 2007 #4
    oh, sorry guys. It was a "heard it through the grape vine deal". I also heard it was backed by Bell labs, however I couldn't find anything official upon my search attempt, just the occasional physics enthusiasts "dark suckers" reiteration page. Out of respect for everyone here I did not want to waste your time. Sorry and thanks!!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook