Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What the hell?

1. Oct 23, 2007 #1
    Without taking up too much time, I came across this ridiculous article (only pasted the first 2 paragraphs) which supposedly was discovered out of Bell laboratories. What is this nonsense??

"A few leading scientists have come up with a new theory that is sending shock waves through the world of physics. Ever since Benjamin Franklin -- and maybe before -- people have believed that light emitted outward and replaced the emptiness we call darkness. Today this old theory is in question.

According to some researchers the sources of light -- the sun, candles, light bulbs -- actually suck dark in. In enlightened circles light bulbs are more accurately called dark suckers. Behind this scientific breakthrough lie some shocking facts."
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2007 #2
    I think the forum policies here are conflicting: should you have cited your source (so we can tell you whether it's humour, say), or are you prohibited from doing so?
  4. Oct 24, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

5. Oct 24, 2007 #4
    oh, sorry guys. It was a "heard it through the grape vine deal". I also heard it was backed by Bell labs, however I couldn't find anything official upon my search attempt, just the occasional physics enthusiasts "dark suckers" reiteration page. Out of respect for everyone here I did not want to waste your time. Sorry and thanks!!!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?