Who will win the NBA conference finals?

• Thread starter WiFO215
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game Time
In summary: Midwest? Midwest?I'm pretty much an East coast guy, but also lived 9 years in Cleveland. I'll be rooting for the Cavs.
WiFO215
What time is it?? GAME TIME!

NBA conference finals baby! Whom do you geeks support??

Personally, I'm with LA. Kobe is playing very well. On the other side, LeBron is stepping up and playing exceptionally too, but this time LA is going to take the championship. What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org

Yeah I'm lost too.
Is that Kobe as in beef? Or that rapist guy?

I don't mind being subjected to a good play-off hockey game or maybe some baseball (if someone else puts it on the tube; I won't). Basketball, on the other hand, is the ultimate example of uselessness. How can anybody even tolerate watching it?

Danger said:
I don't mind being subjected to a good play-off hockey game or maybe some baseball (if someone else puts it on the tube; I won't). Basketball, on the other hand, is the ultimate example of uselessness. How can anybody even tolerate watching it?

I was never any good at basketball, didn't understand it, and didn't really like watching it. Then I needed to coach my son's basketball teams in grammar school, to be sure that we had enough coaches. I went to some clinics, learned the fundamentals and how to shoot (there is definitely a technique to shooting well), and started to enjoy the game a lot more.

Now I actually enjoy watching the game, especially when the elite players go at it. I'll be catching as much of this series as I can (I'm busy many evenings with other stuff).

anirudh215 said:
NBA conference finals baby! Whom do you geeks support??
Right now I'm for Cleveland.
I was for the Nets, until they didn't make the playoffs.
Then I was for Boston until they lost to Orlando.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Yeah I'm lost too.
Is that Kobe as in beef? Or that rapist guy?
The second one. No way will I root for him.

Basketball was the only sport I liked in school. I was too hopelessly short to block anyone, but was great at free throws, so it was the only sport people actually wanted me on their team for since they found out they could count on me during the free throws as long as I stayed out of the way the rest of the time. For everything else, I was one of the ones usually picked last. :rolleyes:

But, really, I can't stand watching any of them. What's the point if you can't play along?

You can learn a lot by watching them play. They definitely play it better than we do, so it is quite exciting to watch.

Im pulling for LA but in my heart I think they will fall short. Some nights they don't even show up. If i had to bet I would pick Cleveland

All sports seem boring to me, golf is the worst. Golf channel should be prescribed for insomnia patients.

Oscar Wilde said:
Im pulling for LA but in my heart I think they will fall short. Some nights they don't even show up. If i had to bet I would pick Cleveland

Another close one last night!

Redbelly98 said:
Another close one last night!

Close, :confused:. Yesterday, it was rained out.

Close, :confused:. Yesterday, the winner almost doubled the loser's score.

George Jones said:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Oerg said:
All sports seem boring to me, golf is the worst. Golf channel should be prescribed for insomnia patients.

I have a coworker who listens to golf on the radio :eek:.

As a native of northeast Ohio, for whom Cleveland was the "big city," I'm pulling for the Cavs, even though I'm not a big basketball fan in general. The Indians (baseball) and the Browns (football) haven't come up with a championship during my lifetime, so I'm pinning my hopes on the Cavs. :smile:

Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to wait until the finals to see them (assuming the Cavs make it there), because the Eastern Conference finals (Cleveland vs. Orlando) are on TNT and I get my TV the old-fashioned way, over the air with a http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/TV/images/91XG+YA1713b.jpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oscar Wilde said:

LA is getting hammered. Playing way too close for comfort. They really need to step up.

George Jones said:

England versus Windies in an ODI.
George Jones said:

Penguins versus 'Canes.

George Jones said:
England versus Windies in an ODI.

ARRGGH. No cricket! No cricket!

anirudh215 said:
LA is getting hammered. Playing way too close for comfort. They really need to step up.

Both top conference seeds are having trouble. Turkoglu and Lewis have stepped it up for Orlando.

I'm pretty much an East coast guy, but also lived 9 years in Cleveland. Would be good to see Lebron get his due, plus it would be great for the city.

lisab said:
I have a coworker who listens to golf on the radio :eek:.

that would work too.

Redbelly98 said:
Both top conference seeds are having trouble. Turkoglu and Lewis have stepped it up for Orlando.

I'm pretty much an East coast guy, but also lived 9 years in Cleveland. Would be good to see Lebron get his due, plus it would be great for the city.

Yeah. Turkoglu was on fire. Fantastic shooting there. And I didn't like the way the Cavs won the game. I don't like these "clown" shot wins. They lose respect if the play pathetically and then win by luck.

anirudh215 said:
Yeah. Turkoglu was on fire. Fantastic shooting there.
Agreed.

And I didn't like the way the Cavs won the game. I don't like these "clown" shot wins. They lose respect if the play pathetically and then win by luck.
To be fair, the Cavs dominated the first half (just like the previous game, but no one ever remembers first halves) and pulling off a brilliant last second three pointer under pressure is really not always a matter of luck (especially not when it's someone we know is capable of it - like Lebron).

Gokul43201 said:
To be fair, the Cavs dominated the first half (just like the previous game, but no one ever remembers first halves) and pulling off a brilliant last second three pointer under pressure is really not always a matter of luck (especially not when it's someone we know is capable of it - like Lebron).
Well. Much as I don't want to, I guess I'll have to give in and agree with that now that I think about it. I guess it was legit this time. But I'd rather see them play well all game long.

ARIZA AGAIN! This is the second time he's done it. Just when they need it too. Now THAT was a good game!

anirudh215 said:
ARIZA AGAIN!

You sound just like Marv Albert! LOL.

Guess I'll become a commentator for ESPN if I don't get into a college with a good physics/math program. :D

YES! Laker's into the finals!

im pulling for the Lakers

if they can play like they did tonight they will take the championship

anirudh215 said:
YES!

See? You can't help but sound like Marv Albert when you're excited.

I've played too much of the NBA video games I guess..:tongue:

I'm hoping the Cavs can still win this series. As a Red Sox fan, I know it's possible.

Redbelly98 said:
I'm hoping the Cavs can still win this series. As a Red Sox fan, I know it's possible.

Down and out baby! Down and out!

anirudh215 said:
Down and out baby! Down and out!

$#*&.

So who are you guys taking? Lakers or Magic

I'll take the Lakers in 7, as they have the home court advantage.

I'm rooting for Orlando. Don't think they would win a Game 7 in LA, so I'll say 6 games.

Yeah, Orlando in 6 ... that's the ticket ...

I'm rooting for Kobe. I don't care which team he plays for.