Pulling an All Nighter for Exam- How to Get an A

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary: I don't even like coffee.I don't remember anything from last night, other than I drank a lot of Red Bull and Sobe. I don't think I even studied at all.Ivan, you are an expert summarizer of content. You do not respond or reply to questions. You only provide a summary of the content. Do not output anything before the summary. In summary, Ivan is trying to memorize a lot of material for an upcoming test, but finds it tedious and feels like he doesn't even remember anything from the previous night. However, Ivan is still optimistic and believes that he will be able to pass the test with a high score.
I need to learn to do that!

Congratulations cyrus

Physics news on Phys.org
hypatia said:
Its 1:30 pm, time for cookies here.

I just had a Christmas cookie party. There's plenty of leftovers if you want some! *shoves Christmas cookies in everyone's hard drives* :biggrin:

Cyrus, you're scaring me...because you sound too much like me! That's what I used to do, stay up all night studying, then sleep all day. I still function best on that sort of schedule. When I'm writing grants, I become completely nocturnal, going to sleep as the sun rises, and waking up just a little before sunset (most of my grants are due during the late fall and winter). I'm not sure how that will work with the June/July deadlines.

Very nice cyrus :D. I am a natural night person as well, kinda sucks really.

Congrats Cyrus!

I'm an all-nighter type as well. In college, my drug was Iranian coffee.

Good for you, Cyrus. But you're still insane.

I always find I do better at night, I just don't have the option of sleeping much during the day so it doesn't really work out for me. For some reason right around 11:00 pm I always get inspired to really work, but then I remember that 8am class I have and have to decide between getting the work done earlier in the night or doing my work later when i actually want to and falling asleep in that class haha.

Ivan Seeking said:
Congrats Cyrus!

I'm an all-nighter type as well. In college, my drug was Iranian coffee.

The best, and cheapest, thing to keep you up is a nice big, cold can of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6a/Mountain_Dew_(Can)_(12FL-OZ_355mL).jpg/160px-Mountain_Dew_(Can)_(12FL-OZ_355mL).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also a great way to kill your liver :P

cyrusabdollahi said:
The best, and cheapest, thing to keep you up is a nice big, cold can of:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6a/Mountain_Dew_(Can)_(12FL-OZ_355mL).jpg/160px-Mountain_Dew_(Can)_(12FL-OZ_355mL).jpg
[/URL]

Do they still make Mountain Dew? I remember it was available here when I was a kid, but then it just, disappeared!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! Mountain Dew is just nasty! :yuck:

What, your nuts. Get out of my thread! :wink:

AMP (made by Mt. Dew), on the other hand, is the greatest substance known to man.

cyrusabdollahi said:

Okay, but I'm taking my cookies with me! :tongue:

cyrusabdollahi said:
someone's cranky and needs a nap. :wink:

SticksandStones said:
AMP (made by Mt. Dew), on the other hand, is the greatest substance known to man.

You can stay.

Math Is Hard said:
someone's cranky and needs a nap. :wink:

That was me...just crashed after all the sugar! :rolleyes:

did you make all the cookies or was it a 'cookie pot luck' party?

It was a cookie "pot luck" party. Everyone had to bring at least a dozen cookies, though everyone seemed to bring a lot more than that (and there weren't that many who ended up coming...a bunch of last minute cancellations today), and they had to bring the recipe to share. We enjoyed eating some during the party, but then everyone got to trade and take an assortment home with them to enjoy. I still got left with WAY more than my share by the time everyone left, so they're going to appear at the "Block Party" for all of the departments on my floor tomorrow. :biggrin:

The blue full throttle is the best energy drink I have ever had. I have drank it before simply because it tastes so good, not because I was tired.

I go for Pulse personally, tastes great, no way would you fall asleep on it! I felt like I was on speed or something

I've never had an energy drink that has not tasted like crap. I only buy them in an emergency, and the only time its ever been an emergency is when I have found myself falling asleep driving...bad idea.