1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to choose as my major

1. Oct 2, 2013 #1
    Hello guys,
    I am a Software Engineer and am planning to do my major (MS) ...
    I like algorithms , mathematics, and have always loved nuclear physics...
    I would love to take quantum computation but job prospects right now are very limited. Howver, I would like to come back to this field for research after I have done my MS, landed up a good job, got financially stable and am done up with all my responsibilities..(you get the meaning i hope..)

I try my best to follow up with articles on quantum physics and have always been very interested in this field, But I cant figure out what electives I can take that can provide me a good job right now and later i can come back to research in this field..so the university must have excellent research for algo etc because i blv exposure to research is important..and at the same time a great reputation for getting a job..
    I am thinking something along the lines of algorithms, computation and mathematics...Is that the right choice ?

Now that u know my short and long term goals,
    Please advice me on the best universities for this??

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 2, 2013 #2
    PS : US or Europe Universities

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook