1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to do after my B.E?

Tags:
  1. Jul 28, 2015 #1
    Hai pf,
    My name is praveena.And now i am doing my 2nd year B.E(ECE).I am interested in the field of aerospace.can anyone suggest me some points whether i want to continue my postgraduate studies in the field of aerospace or else it's safe to quit it?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2015 #2
    "Safe to quit it" --for what purpose?

I presume you must have had some goal in pursuing an Engineering degree. What was that goal?

4. Jul 28, 2015 #3
    Nothing was my goal. "safe to quit"- just i am kidding. I prefer myself to go in the path of aerospace.Because of financial problem i had a situation to choose my studies in engineering side.

5. Jul 28, 2015 #4
    It is impossible to know what to do in a situation like that unless you have some kind of career choices in mind. Financial limitations often dictate what you can do. Believe me, I've seen it. Of those I knew at the university I attended, literally half the class didn't graduate. Many ran out of money as the economy for technicians and engineers changed during the last year of school.

As such, you should make the effort to join some engineering societies and get to know who is hiring. Keep your eyes open for opportunities, even while you're in school. Make sure they know who you are and what your interests may be.

The days of a job-for-life are gone for most people. You have to remain adaptable, not just in the beginning of your career, but also during your working life as well.

Just know that I'm not a huge fan of academia as training for industry. Yes, it is good for building a solid theoretical foundation, but that's not even half of what an engineer does in real life. So a higher degree may get you some recognition, but experience is what gets you the job.

6. Jul 28, 2015 #5
    You had mentioned "some engineering society" what it refers to? Are you saying that going to job is best ratherthan pursuing higher studies?
    Do you know any additional course which is best while hiring for job side?

7. Jul 28, 2015 #6
    This is not my area of expertise, but a simple search ought to bring up a lot of common professional societies that would help an up and coming student find work.

8. Jul 28, 2015 #7
    Thank you jake sir.

9. Aug 5, 2015 #8

DLX

If you are interested in aerospace engineering you can, in fact, continue working/studying on this field after your B.E. in Electronics.

10. Aug 5, 2015 #9
    Is it possible after finishing B.E. can i continue my studies in aerospace engineering ? Is there any difficulty to pursue aerospace engineering? can you give me some tips?

11. Aug 5, 2015 #10
    Do an MSc or get a job.

You give no info and ask no question.

You can be an accountant or a janitor in the areoscape industry.

Things depend on what intellectual level you want to work at on a daily basis.

As for the risk of keep doing more and more advanced education and the odds of getting return on investment, depends on what the job market is like where you are or willing to go.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook