1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to do with my life

1. Sep 26, 2011 #1
    Hello everyone,

I am in my fourth year of University and still have no idea what I want to do. I completed the first year of Engineering last year, but I did not get into Electrical because my average was just over the minimum required and all the people with better averages got in.

I like math, although sometimes it's a struggle. I like circuits, digital logic etc..
    Programming was my favorite course throughout my university career.

Anyways, after not getting in to Electrical I am back at square one. They want me to redo courses to get my average up, but I just can't stand repeating a course I have already passed so I'm on the hunt for something else to do.

Is there anything besides Electrical Engineering that I could spend my time with circuits, math, programming etc..

I want to be successful and enjoy my job, every day that goes by I am getting more discouraged about my life, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2011 #2

chiro

Science Advisor

Are you allowed to do mechatronic engineering? You want have the specialization that electrical has, but mechatronic does have the things you mentioned.

4. Sep 26, 2011 #3
    They offer Mechanical here, but that's harder to get into because more people do it. :(

5. Sep 27, 2011 #4
    Just know that you have tons of time, sure it sucks to have to redo classes and get that GPA up again..but it will be worth it. I was given the choice to take courses to bring GPA up and instead of spending another year doing that I changed major to graduate on time. I somewhat regret it now and I'm looking to go back to school to make engineering my bi**h :)

6. Sep 27, 2011 #5
    Thank you good sir, that might've been what I needed to hear.. Good luck with all your future endeavors as well!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook