Finding Your Path: What to Do with My Life

• Thread starter dangish
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the person wants to change their major to electrical engineering, but is discouraged because they did not get in with their average. They mention that they like math, circuits, programming, and other similar subjects. They want to be successful and enjoy their job every day, and are looking for advice on what to do next.
dangish
Hello everyone,

I am in my fourth year of University and still have no idea what I want to do. I completed the first year of Engineering last year, but I did not get into Electrical because my average was just over the minimum required and all the people with better averages got in.

I like math, although sometimes it's a struggle. I like circuits, digital logic etc..
Programming was my favorite course throughout my university career.

Anyways, after not getting into Electrical I am back at square one. They want me to redo courses to get my average up, but I just can't stand repeating a course I have already passed so I'm on the hunt for something else to do.

Is there anything besides Electrical Engineering that I could spend my time with circuits, math, programming etc..

I want to be successful and enjoy my job, every day that goes by I am getting more discouraged about my life, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
dangish said:
Hello everyone,

I am in my fourth year of University and still have no idea what I want to do. I completed the first year of Engineering last year, but I did not get into Electrical because my average was just over the minimum required and all the people with better averages got in.

I like math, although sometimes it's a struggle. I like circuits, digital logic etc..
Programming was my favorite course throughout my university career.

Anyways, after not getting into Electrical I am back at square one. They want me to redo courses to get my average up, but I just can't stand repeating a course I have already passed so I'm on the hunt for something else to do.

Is there anything besides Electrical Engineering that I could spend my time with circuits, math, programming etc..

I want to be successful and enjoy my job, every day that goes by I am getting more discouraged about my life, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Are you allowed to do mechatronic engineering? You want have the specialization that electrical has, but mechatronic does have the things you mentioned.

They offer Mechanical here, but that's harder to get into because more people do it. :(

Just know that you have tons of time, sure it sucks to have to redo classes and get that GPA up again..but it will be worth it. I was given the choice to take courses to bring GPA up and instead of spending another year doing that I changed major to graduate on time. I somewhat regret it now and I'm looking to go back to school to make engineering my bi**h :)

Thank you good sir, that might've been what I needed to hear.. Good luck with all your future endeavors as well!

1. What does "finding your path" mean?

"Finding your path" refers to discovering your purpose and direction in life. It involves understanding your values, interests, and skills, and using them to guide your choices and actions towards a fulfilling and meaningful life.

2. How do I know what my path is?

Finding your path is a journey and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. It requires self-reflection, exploration, and experimentation. Some helpful steps include identifying your passions, values, and strengths; researching different career options; and trying new experiences to see what resonates with you.

3. Is it okay to change paths?

Absolutely. As we grow and evolve, our interests and priorities may shift, leading us to pursue different paths. It is natural to reevaluate and make changes to our path, as long as it aligns with our values and brings us fulfillment.

4. Can I find my path at any age?

Yes, it is never too late to find your path. Our interests and goals can change at any point in life, and it is important to continually reassess and make adjustments to our path. It is never too late to pursue a passion or try something new.

5. What if I can't find my path?

It is common to feel lost or uncertain about our path, and it can be a challenging process. It may be helpful to seek guidance from a mentor, career counselor, or therapist. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself, and trust that your path will unfold in due time.