1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to do?

1. Sep 14, 2010 #1
    So im an electric engineer student. Still taking my prerequisite classes (this semester im taking Calculus II, Chemistry I, Economics for Engineers and Communication for engineers) but i have a bit of free time and want to start learning about electronics..

In the pass i have built a small robot using arduino (http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14402), i have done multiple things with arduino but that was the biggest.. I also bought an STK500 AVR board, but since i dont know alot of C i got bored and trough it in a box, i also did a bit of work with 555 (basic timer), i stared reading "The Art of Electronics" but got bored in chapter one, so i stopped reading it..

So what should i do? what you guys recommend??

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 14, 2010 #2
    What seems interesting to you? You have experience w/ the arduino -- there are tons of different projects you could do with one!

Also "The Art of Electronics" is more a a reference book rather than a fun read. Useful, and also practical if you're looking for some way to put yourself to sleep.

Also your robot looks really cool!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook