Turning 16? Struggling to Plan the Perfect Party!

In summary, the author suggests that someone celebrate their 16th birthday by doing something they enjoy, such as playing a game, watching a movie, or going out with friends. He also suggests that someone invite hot boys and girls, and has a few ideas for fun activities that can be done as well. He suggests that someone turn 18 and start to realize that their brain is changing, and they may start to get bored with things.
Imparcticle
WHAT to do!?

I'm turning 16 on sat and I don't know what to do at my party.:cry: It's just going to be a party with mostly shy, nerdy people. I want to watch a movie, but that's about it. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
How about Slap & Tickle or Point & Giggle. They were always fun:wink:

You could stay at home by yourself and read a book.

uhh if youre a guy have a lan party or game console party, nerdiness makes it better

Imparcticle said:
I'm turning 16 on sat and I don't know what to do at my party.:cry: It's just going to be a party with mostly shy, nerdy people. I want to watch a movie, but that's about it. Any ideas?
Or you could play spin the Ak-47.

Or drink a lot and get high... don't forget the hookers/strippers!

Or you could play Monopoly™ or Scrabble™. Yay!

Make sure you have LOTS of junk food. Pools are good too. Break out your favorite CDs, and drive your hovercraft around inside. OR OFF THE ROOF! EYAHHH!

This concludes my portion.

You could partyyyyyyyyyyyyy with your buddies until 8 in the morning... Get down on the floor and hit it from the back. Grind from the left to the right...! Wooohooo! Feel the vibe of the music pumping through the stereo system... Take your t-shirt off and spin it like a helicopter... Now that's a parttttttttttttty...

Last edited:
First step is to get rid of all the shy, nerdy people, duh! :smile:

Mk said:
Or you could play spin the Ak-47.
Or drink a lot and get high... don't forget the hookers/strippers!
Or you could play Monopoly™ or Scrabble™. Yay!
Make sure you have LOTS of junk food. Pools are good too. Break out your favorite CDs, and drive your hovercraft around inside. OR OFF THE ROOF! EYAHHH!
This concludes my portion.
No! You stole my idea! I was going to suggest beer and strippers...the kid's got to learn sometime, eh?

*Note: I'm kidding. And I haven't "learned," just to clarify that.

lan party+stripper= everyone has a good time

I think there should be more than one male stripper to take the shyness out of all the nerdy people. Male strippers are hot damn.

Nerdy people? Give them some physics/math/computer challenges! I'm sure folks here could come up with lots of ideas.

Physics challenge: Place a $5 bill on the floor next to a wall. Challenge someone to pick it up - with the condition he or she must keep his/her heels and back end up against the wall. They keep the $5 only if they succeed while sticking to the rules.

Math challenge: For 2 people, tie the ends of a rope (approx. 2-3 feet in length) to each wrist. The catch is that each rope is looped through the other. Challenge is to separate from each other without untying or cutting the ropes.

Computer challenge: Hack into Don Rumsfeld's email account! ;)

Play twister!

Set up a tent in your living room and fill it to the top with balloons, put some chocolate bars in side all over the place, turn on the music and have people go and search for them... hey it worked at my 18th. :biggrin:
Oh if you point the tent towards the tv you can all sit in there and watch the movie later too. see how useful a tent is!

Hang out at PF.

I can't remember what I did on my 16th, so it was probably really good.

How about this: invite a few hot boys and tell them hot girls are coming; invite a load of hot girls and tell them hot boys are coming. See what happens.

I'm assuming you're a boy. I could be wrong, in which case reverse the words 'few' and 'load' above.

Invite everyone that you know and quite a few people that you don't. And you could also try getting lots of alcohol and a pack of cards and play some stupid drinking games where the loser of each round has to down a glass of vodka. Thats one sure way of having fun, well that's until you chuck up anyway.

Oh and pay some good looking girls (or guys depending on sex and sexual persuasion) to come along and be your 'friends'.

just get like 10-15 people in your basement, get some tunes rolling, some snacks and drinks flowing and the party will entertain itself.

You know its funny.. I am 21 and I can get anything in the world if I wanted it. Any booze, any drug, anything. I don't want anything. Its the worst feeling in the world when you don't want anything anymore. You don't enjoy the little things that made you excited, you don't find the music you adored interesting anymore, and you sit there flipping through the mp3s on your winamp for hours just trying to figure out what your mind likes today, and it doesn't come. I was reading a book the other day, and as much as I wanted to finish reading it, my eyes kept closing and eventually I fell asleep. The worst part is, the one thing you think you wanted the most proves to be fickle and of little importance. Eventually, this cycle probably resets itself and you pig out and get laid and then you are 25 again and thinking to yourself "ah crud, life sucks again"

Thumper! (without the alcohol of course)

What are some fun party ideas for a 16th birthday?

1. A themed party, such as a decade party or a Hollywood red carpet party.

2. A sleepover with close friends, complete with movies, games, and snacks.

3. An outdoor barbecue or picnic with activities like a water balloon fight or scavenger hunt.

4. A day trip to a nearby amusement park or tourist attraction.

5. A fancy dinner party at a nice restaurant with family and friends.

How can I involve my friends in planning the party?

1. Make a group chat or social media event to share ideas and get input from your friends.

2. Assign different tasks to each friend, such as decorations, food, or entertainment.

3. Have a planning meeting where everyone can brainstorm and make decisions together.

4. Encourage your friends to bring their own ideas and suggestions to the table.

5. Consider having a pre-party get-together to make decorations or plan activities together.

What are some budget-friendly options for a 16th birthday party?

1. Have a potluck where each guest brings a dish to share.

2. Have the party at home or a free outdoor location instead of renting a venue.

3. Use DIY decorations and party favors instead of buying them pre-made.

4. Plan activities that don't require a lot of money, such as a movie night or game tournament.

5. Ask friends and family to help out with food or supplies instead of buying them all yourself.

How can I make sure everyone has a good time at the party?

1. Plan a variety of activities and entertainment to appeal to different interests.

2. Make sure to include everyone in the planning process and listen to their suggestions.

3. Consider having a guest list and inviting people who will get along well.

4. Have a designated area for guests to relax and socialize if they don't want to participate in the main activities.

5. Be a gracious and welcoming host, and make sure to introduce any guests who may not know each other.

What are some tips for staying organized while planning a party?

1. Create a timeline and checklist to make sure you stay on track with planning.

2. Use a planner or online calendar to keep track of important dates and deadlines.

3. Delegate tasks to friends or family members to help lighten the workload.

4. Keep all party-related documents, such as guest lists and receipts, in one place for easy access.

5. Stay flexible and be prepared for last-minute changes or adjustments to the plan.