1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to focus on?

1. Dec 11, 2008 #1
    Hello,

Iam self-studying pre-calculus, I just wanted to know what topics should I be focusing on in Pre-Calculus so ican move on to and be fully prepared for Calculus thats all and thank you,

MoePhysics

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2008 #2

symbolipoint

Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Focus on MOST of it. The only parts which you can really skip for PreCalculus are the linear algebra sections and the probability sections, both which you can rigorously pick later and more deeply. There may be a few sections of Trigonometry which could be temporarily omitted, but I would be afraid to suggest which parts those are.

At the very minimum, you will need all of Intermediate Algebra, and much/most of Trigonometry.

4. Dec 11, 2008 #3
    Know how to manipulate an equation algebraically. Make sure you know rational functions, logarithm, exponential, trig etc. As well as some basic trig identities.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?