1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to study next?

1. Dec 22, 2007 #1
    Hi all,

This upcoming spring semester I am beginning my first work semester as a co-op. In comparison to this past semester where I took 6 classes, I know there will be plenty of free time to devote to activities I am interested in. Therefore, I would like ask for some suggestions for a good textbook to read in my spare time. My major is in EE and I have completed all my basic math courses (Calc I-III, Diff EQ, Linear Algebra), Introductory Physics, and Introduction to Computer Engineering (where we learned about logic gates, basic state machines, ALU's, etc.).

Additionally, I would like some suggestions for a good second semester intro physics book. It has been 3 years since I learned the basics for electricity and magnetism and about all I remember is the right hand rule. Since I am going into EE, I know I will need to know this information in the very near future and would like to have a good knowledge of this info before I get into a class that needs it.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2007 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I recommend Halliday Resnik and Walker for a Good Intro Physics book with a good calculus based E&M section.

If you are looking for something more advanced, on the level of a 300-400 level E&M course, I suggest Griffith's Intro. to Electrodynamics. It is a very good book, written well,and has good problems. You have the math background needed for it. I suggest maybe reviewing your intro E&M and then giving Griffith's a shot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?