1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What to study now?

1. May 19, 2013 #1
    I couldn't find an appropriate place for this; this was the closest. If this is in the wrong place, could someone let me know?
    So I'm a sophomore in high school, and I"ve finished self studying Physics C. I'm taking the class oficially for the credits next year, but my main question is, what to do now? I'm going to be taking a Modern Physics college course this summer, and trying to learn computer programming in C. What should I study next?
    Thanks for any advice!

2. jcsd
  3. May 19, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You could study Calculus or Vector Calculus if you've already studied Calculus. Vector Calculus is useful in undergrad Classical Mechanics and Electromagnetic theory and brings a lot of math concepts together in one place.

You could learn Java or C++ as a follow-on to C to gain some skills in Object Oriented programming.

You could check out the Open Source Physics simulations at www.compadre.org/osp and learn about computational physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted