1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What topics for self study?

1. Dec 23, 2011 #1
    Folks,

I am currently studying undergraduate final year degree in mathematics. I have covered QM's, PDE's and currently studying Functional analysis and vector calculus/complex variables.

I hope to finish the degree middle of next year, however I would like to continue studying math/physics in the form of self study. There are so much interesting topics out there that I dont know what to choose.

I like the weirdness of QM's.
    Also think General Relativity/S.R would be interesting.
    I also like the visual/graphical representation of vector calculus.
    I like to work with math that has physical meaning.
    Maybe throw in some speadsheets, mathematica for graphs etc.

Could anyone suggest interesting topics for an undergraduate to take up? I know its a very vague question but at least I might get some ideas? Would like to become knowledgeable in a particular field however small...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 23, 2011 #2
    The really interesting, and technically solvable, problems are, imho, in condensed matter physics. So, maybe concentrate on QM, and the experimental applied/engineering aspects thereof. But then all the other stuff you mentioned is fascinating also. It's nice to have such choices, eh?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook