1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What type of energy is

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1
    What type of energy is associted with an object's interaction with the environment?
    Is it potential, kinetic, nonmechanical, or mechanical?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 10, 2009 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

What do you think? Post your thoughts, we'll help.

4. Jan 10, 2009 #3
    I was leaning towards potential, because the kinetic deals with motion, nonmechanical has to do with chemicals, heat, electricity, ect., and mechanical = kinetic + potential.

5. Jan 10, 2009 #4

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Have you considered "all of them"?

6. Jan 10, 2009 #5
    It's multiple choice question.

7. Jan 10, 2009 #6

Delphi51

Homework Helper

I'm so sorry it is just multiple choice. Think anyway, even if you don't have to think to get the questions - thinking is good.

I'm thinking about an apple falling from a tree. It's energy is changing. The kind of energy it has is related to the kind of force acting on it, so I would call it gravitational energy. In other situations, different forces act and you get some other kind of energy. Some of the kinds you list in the question are combos - better look up what each includes.

8. Jan 11, 2009 #7
    Yeah it's potential. Thanks!

9. Jan 11, 2009 #8

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Well that's one way...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?