Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What would be thebest choice?

1. Nov 10, 2004 #1
    Right now I am a sophomore in the electrical engineering program. I am also pursuing a computer science minor, in which I need 3 more classes.

My question is, what would be the best degree to have to get into the field of quantum computing?

My school also offers a Computer Engineering degree. The reason why I chose EE/CS over CoE is because 1) an EE degree looks better; and 2) because the EE degree looked more rigorous. And since I'm getting a CS minor, I'm pretty much taking the same exact classes a CoE would take, with a couple of added ones.

I'm positive that I will be attending grad school after I get my bachelor's. So maybe I would be able to specialize then, but I'm not sure which degree would be best.

I even thought about a physics degree, but I really love engineering.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2004 #2
    I would say it would be an electircial engineering major with a physics minor or visa-versa. The applied computer science of quantum computing is far off, best learn the fundimentals. The programing aspect will become natural.
  4. Nov 26, 2004 #3
    Enroll to Mindanao State University- Gen. Santos City, if you have a degree in Engineering (Electrical) and Minor in CS, you will just take some physics subjects here and quantum computing would be much easier here because their curriculum on that courses is quite different..It is more advance..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?