What would be your idea of a DREAM vacation?

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary: I can't explain it. Anyway, if you have any reservations about flying then DO NOT GO! It is one of the most amazing things you will ever do.In summary, flying is an amazing experience, and even if you have reservations about it, do it!
timejim
My first choice, for pure relaxation and scenery, would be Tahiti. Otherwise, I would really like to tour England. Can't afford it though.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've been to Hawai 17 times =) I have to stop over there to get to the states so I normally end up staying there for a week or two every year and the government pays for the tickets =)

so I guess I've been on my dream vacation many times

just thought I'd rub that in for all of you freezing right now

Originally posted by DarkAnt

just thought I'd rub that in for all of you freezing right now

Yea It's freezing in here right now..

As for dream vacation, I'm going back home next year, to visit my friends, family and all the nice places. So that will be my dream vacation.

a quiet long trip to the south pacific with a good book, good food, good drinks and plenty of sun...

Fiji for 2 weeks.. or bora bora- pick your pacific island

NZ/OZ would be nice too

That, or a nice cabin in the woods by a lake. reminds me of home-Walden would appreciate this too.

A trip to the space station or the moon.

I would even settle for the ride John Glenn took in '62.

I thinks Mauritious, that or a log cabin in the middle of nowhere next to a nice big crystal clear lake.

endless...

Just so's you knows, "endless" is achievable, if you work at "doing what you love", (only if it is something that you can get paid for, naturally) then it is more like a paid vacation, and "endless" till retirement, or death...

Last edited:
I may suggest to visit Bangladesh - The land of Green Beauty

http://www.bangladesh.com

http://www.bayazidakterw2k.com/gallery.html [Broken]

http://www.settlement.org/cp/english/bangladesh/landclim.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
My dream vacation is somebody I trust a lot watching my kids for a week. Everything else, location, time of year, activities, they're just minor details. I love'em, but vacation with them is more work than my job.

Njorl

although a south pacific vacation would be excellent, a summer trip to the oregon coast is nice too

Since everyone's playing travel agent, come visit California- The only place you can ski and surf in the same day... We have Disneyland, the ducks(eh, I'm a wings fan) the Kings, Hollywood, Napa Valley, and LA-Temperature is always beautiful

(just don't live here-it's too expensive )

Here are a few suggestions for [one time] fun to consider:

I just ran across this one. Tsunami and I are giving this to my dad for his 70th birthday - The McCloud Steam Spectacular. This looks cool... There are high end dinner trains and wine tours as well.

Come to scenic Shasta Country in extreme Northern California for a great family outing on the Mc Cloud Railroad Saturday May 15. It is Springtime in the Cascades of Northern California and the lakes, ponds, waterfalls and creeks are full of water from melting snow coming from the steep slopes of Mt. Shasta. The meadows are green with grass and ablaze with mountain wildflowers. The mountain air is cool and fresh during the day and still cold and crisp at night. The small historic town of Mc Cloud with its boardwalks and turn-of-the century architecture comes alive with the whistle of steam locomotive No. 18, a 2-8-2 built by Baldwin, as passengers arrive and start loading onto our excursion train. Jeff Forbis, President and owner of the railroad greets the passengers with a cheerful "Good Morning".

Soon it is departure time for our charter train to head out of town and into the remote backwoods of Shasta Country. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and grab a roll then step outside on the double deck open viewing car for a breath of fresh mountain air with the strong scent of pine trees. For a birds eye view of all the steam locomotive action, climb up to the second level where you can see over the top of our hard working engine and the sounds of the exhaust are crisp and clear. Enjoy the awe inspiring scenery of pristine, uncrowded Northern California as every curve reveals sweeping vistas, from majectic, snow capped Mt. Shasta rising to 14,162 feet to the spires of Castle Crags and the rugged Trinity Alps...continued
http://www.trainsunltdtours.com/mccloud-steam-spectacular.html [Broken]

------------------------------------------------------------

I did this one a few years ago. If this trips your trigger and you don't fly, then no matter what, DO IT! I can't emphasize this enough. This was as much fun as anything I have ever done [with one or two exceptions that won’t be mentioned here :wink:]. Having never flown a real aircraft, and then being thrown into a dog fight with another plane, and with only an hour or training...BUZZZZZ! ADRENALIN TIME! I was in complete overload the entire time: I was physically unable to drive a car when tried to leave for home. Afterwards, I slept for hours and drove like a madman for a month. This is a must!

Air Combat
At Air Combat USA®, you actually fly a light attack fighter aircraft and become a fighter pilot for a day. At the controls of a SIAI Marchetti SF260 aircraft and coached by your air combat instructor you'll maneuver through a series of dogfights. This is not a simulator and no pilot's license is required for this adventure flying. Over 30,000 people have been a "Fighter Pilot for a Day®" since we began operating in 1989. Enlist today in one of a menu of Air Combat Training Programs. Learn and practice the tactics and maneuvers taught by the military, then fight to win in real aerial combat. You'll stay mission qualified as a Squadron Member in our frequent fighter program. This is the most memorable experience of your life.

Emphasis mine. It is worth the cost...at least once.

http://www.aircombat.com

I talked with another guy who had done this. His opponent threw up and passed out. He knew someone else [both physicians] who went to Russia and paid $10,000 to fly a MIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes, this is turning into the "Travel-Travel" Page, come to my wonderful vacation spot...so here goes..

If you like solitude, (season counts then) or landscape vistas seemingly without end, wilderness and/or outdoors scences, try the Dempster Highway leaving from ~15 mins South of Dawson City Yukon, traveling ~ 750 Kms through some of the seemingly most vacant land on the planet to the City of Inuvik in the North West Territories, crossing Continental divides, time zones, and territorial boundaries and Mountain ranges...and lots of cariboo! too!
(P.S.ssst was where I had gotten to see a live Wolverine!)

Was there at the end of April/beginning of May, still snowing and somewhat frozen, stopped right on the highway to make and eat my lunch...~ 45 mins to one hour and not a car/truck/vehicule in sight/passing/around anywheres, in that entire time...neat place, and Yeah, I got pictures, just not net available just now...

1. What destination would you choose for your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would be in Bora Bora, French Polynesia. The crystal clear waters, overwater bungalows, and serene tropical atmosphere make it the perfect destination for relaxation and adventure.

2. What activities would you include in your dream vacation?

I would include a variety of activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking, and exploring the local culture. I also would make sure to spend plenty of time lounging on the beach and enjoying some delicious food and drinks.

3. How long would your dream vacation be?

Ideally, my dream vacation would be at least two weeks long. This would give me enough time to fully immerse myself in the destination and experience all it has to offer.

4. What type of accommodations would you choose for your dream vacation?

I would love to stay in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, but I am also open to other unique and luxurious accommodations such as a private villa or beachfront resort.

5. How would you budget for your dream vacation?

I would start by researching the costs of flights, accommodations, and activities in advance. Then, I would set a budget and make a plan for saving and budgeting for my dream vacation. I would also look for deals and discounts to help lower the overall cost.