What would happen if Earth's core where moved? (Gravity)

In summary, if we were to expel mass from the center of the Earth, it's not clear what effect it would have on the planet's rotation.
iminhell
Quite sure I didn't Google properly, but I'm not well versed so is to be expected. Did find this forum, and have a few times previous to be helpful.

Now what I'm wondering is what would happen if mass from the center/near center of the Earth where moved and dispersed, how would this effect Gravity and the rotation of the Earth?

To apply something tangible to the question; Let's say we use an eruption of Magma from a volcano that has a direct flow path to the core. It erupts 100kg of Magma per second, just to give a number to something. Might this be a means for Earth to 'self regulate' it's rotational speed and gravity? (I am assuming here that there is some relationship to Centripetal Force and Gravity, or that they act similar in that as rotation increases so must the force/mass at the axis center)
If the above is true, might removing mass and dispersing it from man made drillings slow the 'self regulating' process? Say for instance drilling/pumping oil or water.
That is to say, there is a relationship to the amount of mass we take from a central point and disperse to the 'self regulating' of Earth.

As I said, I'm not too smart so don't hold it against me if terms are misused or wrong, and please do correct me so I learn the proper way.

Thanks,

John

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, John. Don't take my word for it, because I'm a high-school drop-out and drunk as well, but... my initial take regarding this situation is that no eruption is going to expel any significant amount of matter beyond the planet. The mass, therefore, however redistributed, is still there. The worst-case scenario that comes to mind is if that redistribution of mass imparts some obnoxious "wobble" to the planet's rotation.

stop plate tectonics!

Did I just hear someone whisper in the distance? :uhh:

... As you go further inside the Earth, the force you feel due to gravity ... forces there, matter or the core will always tend to move to the center of the sphere.

I guess you would have to stop Earth's rotation first for the core to move
nullifying the Coriolis effect

1. What would happen if Earth's core were moved closer to the surface?

If Earth's core were moved closer to the surface, the gravitational pull on objects on the surface would increase, making them feel heavier. This could also cause changes in the Earth's rotation and orbit, leading to possible climate changes and natural disasters.

2. Would the Earth's orbit change if the core were moved?

Yes, the Earth's orbit would be affected if the core were moved. This is because the core plays a crucial role in the Earth's rotation and the distribution of its mass. Moving the core would alter the Earth's rotational speed, which could cause changes in its orbit and potentially affect the planet's position in the solar system.

3. How would the movement of the Earth's core affect gravity on other planets?

The movement of the Earth's core would not have a direct effect on gravity on other planets. However, if the Earth's orbit were to change as a result of the core's movement, it could potentially affect the gravitational pull between the Earth and other planets in the solar system.

4. Could the Earth's core be moved by external forces?

The Earth's core is a massive, solid iron and nickel ball that is surrounded by molten rock. It is unlikely that external forces could move the core, as it is deeply embedded within the Earth's interior and held in place by strong gravitational forces.

5. What would happen to life on Earth if the core were moved?

It is difficult to predict exactly what would happen to life on Earth if the core were moved. However, the changes in gravity and Earth's orbit could have significant impacts on the planet's climate and natural systems, potentially leading to widespread environmental and ecological changes that could greatly affect life on Earth.