What would you do to Win a Nobel In Physics?

• Thread starter Mr. Robin Parsons
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the person would cheat or do anything immoral to win a Nobel Prize in Physics. They think the prize is meaningless and would rather learn from someone else.

So what would you do to Win A Nobel Prize?

• Plagerise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheat\lie\steal

• Work and earn

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Share a group/team effort

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Conspire to Cheat/steal/lie

• Other please explain.....

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Mr. Robin Parsons
So what lengths would you go to, to achieve winning a "Nobel" In Physics. (Current est values @ ~900,000$ US)

Physics news on Phys.org
I wouldn't cheat or do anything immoral to win it because i wouldn't want something that important without having earned it from hard honest graft!

Last edited:
Logroll. "I'll nominate you this year if you'll nominate me next year."

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Logroll. "I'll nominate you this year if you'll nominate me next year."

Sure, just what (work) will you nominate me for?, and what (work) will I nominate you for?

Originally posted by Andy
I would cheat or do anything immoral to win it because i wouldn't want something that important without having earned it from hard honest graft!

Quelle Surprise!

A team effort to plagurise off of a team that stole data collected form a hard worker then i would lie and claim i alone came up to it so in a sesne i worked really hard to get it...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would cheat or do anything immoral to win it because i wouldn't want something that important without having earned it from hard honest graft!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quelle Surprise!

ah, that was supposed to say "I wouldn't" not I would. :frown:

Will edit it so that nobody notices, unless they read this post D'OH!

ah, that was supposed to say "I wouldn't" not I would. :frown:

Will edit it so that nobody notices, unless they read this post D'OH!

Encore Meme...pas du differance!

PS Then again, when I was your age...OYE! {snicker-snicker?}

Los siento senor parsons pero me no enteniendo la francais.

Los siento senor parsons pero me no enteniendo la francais.

Apparently, not Spanish to well either...

OOH *****y. please correct me if you know spanish. i think french mite be frances or something rather than francais but i haven't had a lesson for many weeks/months so i can't rememeber.

a la chateau, j'adore les cheafleurs

The only motivation behind doing sometihng like that, for me anyway, is to know I've done something amazing, rather than made up data points!

Tell the truth. The prize is meaningless.

I guess I'll have to borrow your brain. Can we arrange a swap meet?

Regards

Why would you trade? You have the capacity to understand, if you believe you do not it is only because you just don't know it yet.

i would lie/cheat/steal in a lot of things i didnt care about, but a nobel prize would be something i would want to earn...

Originally posted by TENYEARS
Why would you trade? You have the capacity to understand, if you believe you do not it is only because you just don't know it yet.

A good point, nothing needs be traded, other then the "Winning explanation".

In the end, all can share in that, as all are capable of learning it.

Come on Rob, i am waiting for my spanish lesson from you or are you wimping out again?

Come on Rob, i am waiting for my spanish lesson from you or are you wimping out again?

TOPIC;
What would you do to Win a Nobel In Physics?

Origionally posted by him,
Quelle Surprise!

Encore Meme...pas du differance!

Apparently, not Spanish to well either...

It would appear that you took it off topic in the first place by talking french.

The responces were simply that, responces to your posts, not a direction, or 'directing', of the topic.

And I have ignored you since, this one...

OOH *****y. please correct me if you know spanish. i think french mite be frances or something rather than francais but i haven't had a lesson for many weeks/months so i can't rememeber.

Since it very clearly goes off topic.

Followed by your normal goading...

Which contributes nothing to the topic at hand.

Then naturally the attempt to "turn the tables"...

It would appear that you took it off topic in the first place by talking french.

In self defence you accuse the 'other' of what you need to defend yourself from doing.

Please refrain from posting "off topic" here again please, your nature is known and adds little (nothing?) to the topic.

Unless, of course, you have something to add to the topical discussion, then feel free!

Thanks!

Ok, so was there any point in your last post? and now that you/we have gone off topic why don't you answer my origional question?

Since it seems no one else wishes to add anything further, I will accept that this has been a learning experiance, and Un-subscribe from this thread.

Thanks All, Ciao!

Liz Hurleys HOT!

Oh and check your spelling rob, what an experiance! lol!

PSsssst, it is also very nice to see that better then 75% of the respondants/voters/posters where willing to "Make the Effort", good science requires that IM(h?)O.

1. How can I become a Nobel Prize winner in Physics?

To win a Nobel Prize in Physics, you must make a significant and groundbreaking contribution to the field of physics. This can be achieved through years of research and experimentation, as well as publishing your findings in reputable scientific journals.

2. Is there a specific area of physics that has a higher chance of winning a Nobel Prize?

The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded for a wide range of achievements in the field, including theoretical physics, experimental physics, and technological advancements. There is no specific area that has a higher chance of winning, as long as the contribution is significant and groundbreaking.

3. How do Nobel Prize winners in Physics get selected?

The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. Each year, the academy evaluates the nominations submitted by qualified individuals and organizations, and then makes a final decision on the winners.

4. Can a team of scientists win a Nobel Prize in Physics?

Yes, a team of scientists can win a Nobel Prize in Physics if they have collectively made a significant contribution to the field. This has happened several times in the past, where the prize is shared among two or three scientists.

5. How do I increase my chances of winning a Nobel Prize in Physics?

To increase your chances of winning a Nobel Prize in Physics, you must have a deep understanding of the field and be dedicated to making groundbreaking contributions. Collaborating with other scientists and staying up-to-date with current research can also help you stay competitive in the field.