What's a sticky post and how do I get one approved?

• Thread starter Dual Op Amp
  • Start date
In summary, a sticky post is a post that is pinned to the top of a forum for easy access and visibility. It is usually reserved for important announcements or frequently discussed topics. To get a sticky post approved, you can send a private message to the forum's mentor with your idea.
Dual Op Amp

Physics news on Phys.org
Sticky posts are reserved for forum specific announcements made by the staff.

Similarly, they also can be used for helpful topics that are frequently discussed rather than having the info scattered about in several threads. For example, the Astronomy forum has sticky posts for member-recommended sources of info on the web (a helpful library) and for alerts on sky events.

Dual Op Amp said:

If you have an idea, send a PM to the mentor for that forum.

1. What is a sticky post?

A sticky post is a featured post that is pinned to the top of a webpage or forum. This means that it will always appear first, regardless of when it was posted.

2. How do I get a sticky post approved?

The process for getting a sticky post approved varies depending on the specific platform or website. Generally, you will need to contact the site administrator or moderator and request for your post to be made sticky. Some sites may have specific guidelines or requirements for approving sticky posts.

3. Why would I want to have a sticky post?

Having a sticky post can be beneficial for increasing visibility and engagement for important or time-sensitive information. It ensures that your post will always be at the top of the page, making it more likely to be seen by other users.

4. Are there any downsides to having a sticky post?

While sticky posts can be useful, they can also be perceived as spammy or annoying if overused. It's important to use them sparingly and only for relevant and important content.

5. How long does a sticky post stay at the top of the page?

The duration of a sticky post varies depending on the platform or website. Some sites may have a specific time limit for sticky posts, while others may require the post to be manually removed from the top. It's best to check with the site administrator or moderator for more information.