What's on the Menu for Tonight?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know, I'm just really tired and want to go to bed. In summary, the person is having dinner at Subway tonight and they want to order the veggie patty on wheat with swiss cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and carrots, and plum pudding and custard for desert.
JamesU
Gold Member
What are you (or have you) having for dinner tonight?

I want SubWay...Or orange chicken. :tongue2:

Physics news on Phys.org
I feel like sesame chicken.

I want to go to black angus...

I'll have yomamma yomamma :D

Sphgahhgethgetigettieie. Blah I don't know how to spell it.

Ok, spaghetti.

moose said:
The only one i know about is closed :|

2 packages of Oriental flavor Ramen.

Pizza rolls...

I had a bowl of some sort of Thai noodles (well, Thai-like noodles...something by Lipton). They weren't half bad. That wasn't exactly enough for dinner, but I was too tired when I got home from work to cook, so took a nap after that, then just had some cauliflower, broccoli and carrots cut up (raw) and dipped in blue cheese dressing. Oh, I had a little bit of cottage cheese too.

I'm still a little hungry, but haven't figured out what I really want other than to go back to sleep.

Your soul. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I had some schlotszy's (or however it's spelled) pizza :tongue2:

moose said:
Hmm...the black angus come to me, I don't have to go to them. They came visiting on Sunday. :biggrin: Yep, really. I don't know who owns the farm next to me or where their main entrance is yet, so I had to call the police to have them contact the owners to let them know their cattle were loose. This must not be too uncommon around here, because the dispatcher sounded almost bored taking the call. :rolleyes: At least the cops here know better than to show up and try to play cowboy (the Cincinnati cops did that a few times cows escaped from slaughter houses, and they just made matters much worse by spooking the cow...it was big news when a cow was loose there :rofl:).

i had pizza at the math club pizza party wooo!

(ya, i feel like a winner... wooo)

eggs, rice and pork.

Tomorrow we are having,

Roast beef, yorkshire pudding ,roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots and
parsnips.

And plum pudding and custard for desert

wolram said:
Tomorrow we are having,

Roast beef, yorkshire pudding ,roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, carrots and
parsnips.

And plum pudding and custard for desert
What time should I be there? :tongue2:

Evo said:
What time should I be there? :tongue2:

Give me some time to find the best china and buy a new table cloth, i hope
you are hungry as saturday is our feasting day :biggrin:

And you will have to stay for tea, recon on gaining 10 or so lbs :tongue2:

Subway veggie patty on wheat, swiss cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, olives, vinegar, honey mustard. Not ideal, but still pretty good. :smile:

I had some Chili's...mmm...

Subway veggie patty ? you yanks are just so strange. :smile:

Homemade pasta with homemade tomato sauce from the homegrown veggies.

I'm surprised to see so much pasta and pizza in the dinner reports!

wolram said:
Subway veggie patty ? you yanks are just so strange. :smile:
Actually, I only know one other person who eats the veggie patty. And I used to work at Subway too! :rolleyes: Meh, you know Subway is a sandwich shop, right? :wink:

4 twinkies, a roast beef sandwich, and a bowl of Life.

I'm very stuffed now.

zoobyshoe said:
4 twinkies

Why? Why would anyone eat one of those let alone 4?

God I hate Subway. (no offense Rose) They just seem to be really skimpy on the meat. Plus you have to go through that whole process of telling the person what to do at every conceivable decision point in the making of a sandwich, that's so aggravating.

hypnagogue said:
God I hate Subway. (no offense Rose) They just seem to be really skimpy on the meat. Plus you have to go through that whole process of telling the person what to do at every conceivable decision point in the making of a sandwich, that's so aggravating.

What would you prefer they do instead?

Townsend said:
Why? Why would anyone eat one of those let alone 4?
It's some kind of occasional zoobie insanity, like the Vulcan pon far (or however you spell it).

zoobyshoe said:
It's some kind of occasional zoobie insanity, like the Vulcan pon far (or however you spell it).

Ah...I suspected that it had to do with some type of intermittent insanity... :smile:

Townsend said:
What would you prefer they do instead?
I'd prefer if I could just tell them what I want on the sandwich, and then they can assume that no, I do not want anything I did not explicitly ask for. At all the Subways I've been to it's like this compulsory process that you have to go through their automated sandwich making flow chart. Just make me ham and swiss with lettuce tomato and mayo and stop asking me questions damnit! And when I say ham, I mean more than two slices!

I don't know why I have that special animosity for Subway. I guess it's a combination of the facts that I like my sandwiches, I probably went in expecting a halfway decent sandwich each time, and most of all, it's not that hard to make a good sandwich! I mean, pizza chains like Dominos are just as bad if not worse, but at least they make a product that I don't know how to make, and if I did it would take me more than two minutes.

hypnagogue said:
Plus you have to go through that whole process of telling the person what to do at every conceivable decision point in the making of a sandwich, that's so aggravating.
There's a place here called The Coffee Bean. For a while there you had to submit to an inquisition before you could get any coffee:

"Would you like anything to eat with that? Room for cream? For here or to go? Would you like to buy one of our gift certificates? Do you have one of our frequent user cards? Could I get one started for you? Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the communist party?"

Townsend said:
Ah...I suspected that it had to do with some type of intermittent insanity... :smile:
That almost goes without saying. You're insane if you eat them, and eating them makes you insane. You may remember "The Twinkie Insanity Defense" in San Francisco 20 years ago, or so.

hypnagogue said:
I'd prefer if I could just tell them what I want on the sandwich, and then they can assume that no, I do not want anything I did not explicitly ask for. At all the Subways I've been to it's like this compulsory process that you have to go through their automated sandwich making flow chart. Just make me ham and swiss with lettuce tomato and mayo and stop asking me questions damnit! And when I say ham, I mean more than two slices!

I don't know why I have that special animosity for Subway. I guess it's a combination of the facts that I like my sandwiches, I probably went in expecting a halfway decent sandwich each time, and most of all, it's not that hard to make a good sandwich! I mean, pizza chains like Dominos are just as bad if not worse, but at least they make a product that I don't know how to make, and if I did it would take me more than two minutes.
That's a shame. I wouldn't have let that happen at my store. My store was the best - and fastest - in the world (or county, at least)! :biggrin: The regulars shouldn't even have to tell you what they want. Sheesh. It shouldn't take more than 60 seconds to make a sandwich, but I've gone in other Subways that take 5 minutes or more to make a single sandwich. :rolleyes: That's just bad management.
But I know what you mean about the meat - and unless they're using a different kind of ham, a ham sandwich gets 8 slices (the manager doesn't normally decide those things). When I used to eat meat, I went to Publix (the grocery store). I think they're only in the Southeast, but if you have one in the area and their Deli has a sub shop, they're great.

Last edited:
I had taco's for dinner today. Which, like everything else they scam you on these days, PISSED ME OFF!

The taco's I got... Were about as big as the palm of my hand. They're pathetic. I had to eat like 6 just to stop my stomach grumbling. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if the box they came in wasn't closer to the width of my monitor... but it was. If the box is 12 inches tall, the TACO'S should be 12 inches tall too damnit! Not five!*

*I don't actually know how big an inch is...

Last edited:
Smurf said:
*I don't actually know how big an inch is...
No man does. :rolleyes: They have no concept of time either.

honestrosewater said:
No man does. :rolleyes: They have no concept of time either.
No.. it's just that in Canada we use metric.

Smurf said:
No.. it's just that in Canada we use metric.
1 inch = 2.54 centimeters. (I don't know if that's exact though.)