Where are my posts? Feeling offended...

• Thread starter THX22
  • Start date
In summary, Tom's posts have been deleted, because they contained personal theories or overly speculative ideas, and therefore did not conform to our posting guidelines. Tom, however, does not seem to be too upset about it, since his post count has not changed much.
THX22
Where have my posts gone. I'm offended at this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Admin note: Moved to the Feedback forum.

Your posts have been deleted, because they contained personal theories or overly speculative ideas, and therefore did not conform to our posting guidelines. You agreed to our guidelines when you registered, and you agreed to accept moderator action should your posts not conform to those guidelines. As a result, you hardly have any justification to feel "offended."

If you don't agree with our guidelines, go somewhere else.

- Warren

I know it it has been quite a while but I was just interested to know, because I saw quite a few people's posts go down. I remember when I came back that I had 500 or so posts and now have 300 or so. Is that due to archiving or for the same reason as aforementioned? Most of the posts I accumulated were due to questions and responding as such.

I'm not having a dig or anything, I'm just intrigued :)

I don't know the official reason, but when I noticed that Russ lost about 5000 posts (not kidding!) I assumed that the post count in Politics and World Affairs had been shut off.

But there's no cause for alarm, because my post count was almost unaffected. :biggrin:

Tom Mattson said:
I don't know the official reason, but when I noticed that Russ lost about 5000 posts (not kidding!) I assumed that the post count in Politics and World Affairs had been shut off.

But there's no cause for alarm, because my post count was almost unaffected. :biggrin:
That was my assumption too, but I'm not completely sure if that's the real reason.

Moonbear said:
That was my assumption too, but I'm not completely sure if that's the real reason.
I know that most of my posts have been in P&WA and I didn't notice any drop in my count. I'm pretty sure that it has never been over 1,000.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I know that most of my posts have been in P&WA and I didn't notice any drop in my count. I'm pretty sure that it has never been over 1,000.
I don't pay much attention to my own post count, so don't know if mine changed or not. But, if yours didn't change that dramatically, then that must not be it. Hmm...the mystery deepens.

Did anyone notice when it happened? Did it accompany the server move, or was it before that? I'm just wondering if something got left behind with the server move, like a closed forum (but then, any of those should have dramatically affected Tom's post count since he's been around so long and has posted in nearly every forum here).

'Bout the time Nereid started wondering what PF was doing with a P&WA area plus discussion of modifying guidelines for same.

Hmmm, where am I?

Edit: 3,221, which I'm pretty sure is exactly where it was before. At least, it looks about right. I would have had less than that if my P&WA posts had been removed from the count.

Tom Mattson said:
Heh - I didn't even notice. I think that's a good thing, though - P&WA isn't really part of the main function of this site - it is just chitchat like GD.

[edit:] ...hmm, 6500. Yeah, you sure I lost some posts, Tom? I may have been above 7,000, but I didn't think I was over 10,000.
[edit2:] I just checked one of our P&WA-only posters and he still has 1300, so that can't be it.

Last edited:
russ_watters said:
I may have been above 7,000, but I didn't think I was over 10,000.

Remember samsmith? He was the kid who posted his social studies homework here. You posted to that thread, and when he didn't get any help he went off on a tirade about how you have 10,000 posts at a nerd site.

Well, that was back in December. You must have topped 11,000 by now. :eek:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=104642

Lisa! said:
Ivalid thread, Tom! perhaps you meant this 1:

No, I meant the one I posted. The thread was deleted, but Mentors can still see it. :cool:

Now I'm scared to death! :uhh:(not because mentors can see deleted threads because I knew that)

Russ actually has 12,147 posts as of this moment, including those in forums which do not count toward official post count.

- Warren

chroot said:
Russ actually has 12,147 posts as of this moment, including those in forums which do not count toward official post count.

- Warren
Gee. Who's next on that list?

Question 1: Why are my posts missing?

There could be several reasons why your posts are missing. It could be due to a technical issue with the platform or app you are using, or it could be that your posts were deleted by the platform for violating community guidelines. It is also possible that your posts were hidden by the platform's algorithm.

Question 2: Can I retrieve my deleted posts?

If your posts were deleted by the platform, there is a possibility that they can be retrieved. However, this depends on the platform's policies and the reason for the deletion. It is best to reach out to the platform's support team for further assistance.

Question 3: Why do I feel offended when my posts are missing?

It is natural to feel offended when something we have created or shared is removed without our consent. However, it is important to remember that social media platforms have community guidelines in place to ensure a safe and respectful online environment for all users.

Question 4: How can I avoid my posts from being hidden or deleted?

To avoid having your posts hidden or deleted, it is important to familiarize yourself with the platform's community guidelines and follow them accordingly. This includes refraining from sharing offensive or inappropriate content, as well as avoiding spam or excessive self-promotion.

Question 5: What can I do if I believe my posts were unfairly removed?

If you believe your posts were unfairly removed, you can reach out to the platform's support team and provide them with any relevant information or evidence. They will review your case and make a decision accordingly.