Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's going on here

1. Mar 14, 2006 #1
    Where have my posts gone. I'm offended at this.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 14, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Admin note: Moved to the Feedback forum.

Your posts have been deleted, because they contained personal theories or overly speculative ideas, and therefore did not conform to our posting guidelines. You agreed to our guidelines when you registered, and you agreed to accept moderator action should your posts not conform to those guidelines. As a result, you hardly have any justification to feel "offended."

If you don't agree with our guidelines, go somewhere else.

- Warren

4. Mar 26, 2006 #3

jimmy p

Gold Member

I know it it has been quite a while but I was just interested to know, because I saw quite a few people's posts go down. I remember when I came back that I had 500 or so posts and now have 300 or so. Is that due to archiving or for the same reason as aforementioned? Most of the posts I accumulated were due to questions and responding as such.

I'm not having a dig or anything, I'm just intrigued :)

5. Mar 26, 2006 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know the official reason, but when I noticed that Russ lost about 5000 posts (not kidding!) I assumed that the post count in Politics and World Affairs had been shut off.

But there's no cause for alarm, because my post count was almost unaffected. :biggrin:

6. Mar 26, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That was my assumption too, but I'm not completely sure if that's the real reason.

7. Mar 26, 2006 #6
    I know that most of my posts have been in P&WA and I didn't notice any drop in my count. I'm pretty sure that it has never been over 1,000.

8. Mar 26, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't pay much attention to my own post count, so don't know if mine changed or not. But, if yours didn't change that dramatically, then that must not be it. Hmm...the mystery deepens.

Did anyone notice when it happened? Did it accompany the server move, or was it before that? I'm just wondering if something got left behind with the server move, like a closed forum (but then, any of those should have dramatically affected Tom's post count since he's been around so long and has posted in nearly every forum here).

9. Mar 26, 2006 #8

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

'Bout the time Nereid started wondering what PF was doing with a P&WA area plus discussion of modifying guidelines for same.

10. Mar 27, 2006 #9

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Hmmm, where am I?

Edit: 3,221, which I'm pretty sure is exactly where it was before. At least, it looks about right. I would have had less than that if my P&WA posts had been removed from the count.

11. Mar 27, 2006 #10

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Heh - I didn't even notice. I think that's a good thing, though - P&WA isn't really part of the main function of this site - it is just chitchat like GD.

[edit:] ....hmm, 6500. Yeah, you sure I lost some posts, Tom? I may have been above 7,000, but I didn't think I was over 10,000.
    [edit2:] I just checked one of our P&WA-only posters and he still has 1300, so that can't be it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  12. Mar 27, 2006 #11

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Remember samsmith? He was the kid who posted his social studies homework here. You posted to that thread, and when he didn't get any help he went off on a tirade about how you have 10,000 posts at a nerd site.

Well, that was back in December. You must have topped 11,000 by now. :eek:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=104642

13. Mar 27, 2006 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

14. Mar 27, 2006 #13

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No, I meant the one I posted. The thread was deleted, but Mentors can still see it. :cool:

15. Mar 27, 2006 #14

Lisa!

Gold Member

Now I'm scared to death! :uhh:(not because mentors can see deleted threads because I knew that)

16. Mar 27, 2006 #15

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Russ actually has 12,147 posts as of this moment, including those in forums which do not count toward official post count.

- Warren

17. Mar 27, 2006 #16

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Gee. Who's next on that list?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?