Whats good

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • #1
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
About the place you live ?
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
The trees have green leaves.
 
  • #3
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
arildno said:
The trees have green leaves.

That sounds a fun place to live.
 
  • #4
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
Also, the sky is usually blue and the coffee good (at least the one I don't have to make myself)
 
  • #5
Tsu
Gold Member
411
63
Everything. The trees with green leaves, :biggrin: all of the critters, the annual return of our creek... It's paradise. We LOVE it!1111
 
  • #6
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
Tsu said:
Everything. The trees with green leaves, :biggrin: all of the critters, the annual return of our creek... It's paradise. We LOVE it!1111
Even the lack of bedspace? :confused:
 
  • #7
kaos
65
0
the good:

The food , people and weather

but the bad:

The food , people and weather as well
plus there's a goddam haze around
 
  • #8
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
kaos said:
the good:

The food , people and weather

but the bad:

The food , people and weather as well
plus there's a goddam haze around

Is that a smog haze?
 
  • #9
Tsu
Gold Member
411
63
arildno said:
Even the lack of bedspace? :confused:

:biggrin: Yeah. Even that. After 20+ years, I'm pretty used to it. I hardly EVER fall off anymore! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
  • #10
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
10,089
135
Tsu said:
:biggrin: Yeah. Even that. After 20+ years, I'm pretty used to it. I hardly EVER fall off anymore! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I just remembered:
Beware the serpent in paradise, though..
 
  • #11
brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2,739
7
Cheap beer, lovely rocky Peak District on doorstep, nice little green big city nearby. Lots of hills. Friendly people who will say 'thanks' if you hold a door open for them, or smile if you let them out of a junction.

Oh no wait, that's not where I live. That's where I used to live. Rats.
 
  • #12
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
brewnog said:
Cheap beer, lovely rocky Peak District on doorstep, nice little green big city nearby. Lots of hills. Friendly people who will say 'thanks' if you hold a door open for them, or smile if you let them out of a junction.

Oh no wait, that's not where I live. That's where I used to live. Rats.

Are you acclimatized yet Brewey? most people that move there have a tummy
bug for the first week or so, but by the third week are able to check out the
area.
 
  • #13
kaos
65
0
wolram said:
Is that a smog haze?

Its smoke coming from indonesia (cause by peat and forest fires).
 
  • #14
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
kaos said:
Its smoke coming from indonesia (cause by peat and forest fires).

That must be awful, i hope it soon clears up.
 
  • #15
Jimmy Snyder
1,095
20
It's the land of the free.
 
  • #16
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,397
559
Jimmysnyder, i meant your local area, not country, but what the hey, what is good
about it?
 
  • #17
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,802
5
Weather is great, skies are usually clear, always clean, the rolling hills, pastures, vineyards, and all are gorgeous, and it's fairly quiet and organized. There doesn't seem to be any crime going on. Despite the dairy farms, it doesn't smell like manure all the time (like Riverside County and the central valley). The locals are very nice.

On the down side, there isn't a damn thing to do unless you drive down to San Francisco. Even Santa Rosa doesn't seem to have a whole lot going on.
 
  • #18
hypatia
1,189
9
The good. Most of the bad people have killed each other off.
My dog is still bigger then most of the rats.
People are re-investing into the city, new homes are going up all over, and
older homes are being fixed.
Great medical care, even for the poor.
My neighborhood is full of lush green lawns and gardens. Parks with majestic trees.
The great lakes are beautiful in every season.

The bad. Still too much violence.
To few city services
To many poor
One stupid Mayor
Poor quality of public education
 
  • #19
Jimmy Snyder
1,095
20
wolram said:
Jimmysnyder, i meant your local area, not country, but what the hey, what is good about it?
The local area is free too.
 
  • #20
Smurf
396
3
It's not anywhere else.
 
  • #21
zanazzi78
115
1
It`s also where my family live :!)

EDIT; fresh sea food :wink:
 
Last edited:

Suggested for: Whats good

  • Last Post
2
Replies
45
Views
815
  • Last Post
Replies
16
Views
346
  • Last Post
2
Replies
54
Views
2K
Replies
2
Views
413
Replies
13
Views
507
Replies
11
Views
394
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
368
  • Last Post
Replies
9
Views
2K
Replies
8
Views
505
Top