What's in a name?

  • Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • #1
695
6

Main Question or Discussion Point

Gokul43201 is so cool, but has such a dorky name. I want to like him, but cant.
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
I think I'll live.
 
  • #3
695
6
lol, I love it when someone doesn't like me.
 
  • #4
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
Gokul43201 said:
I think I'll live.
Help !! I was wrong....I'm dy...innnnngggg...please....like me ....trib....dooogg !
 
  • #5
695
6
nope too late. you don't like me. I'm such a good friend, but I hold grudges forever. talk to you later dick.
 
  • #6
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
Yup...too late. Gokul43201 has died. His soul, however, has been resurrected and now goes by the name of 'tribdog'.
 
  • #7
695
6
ps I was kidding about the dick comment. just forgot to put the jk.
I have to watch it, I am in trouble for being not funny. I really do like you Gokulddif8iw38764 I just think your name sucks.
 
  • #8
55
9
Yes i agree. Keep it simple and to the point.
 
  • #9
416
2
tribdog said:
lol, I love it when someone doesn't like me.
I like you, man.
 
  • #10
174
0
Microsoft is the root of all evil

I know how our poor dear Gokul became the sinister Gokul43201.
One dark and stromy night(thunder & Lightning) Gokul(no 43201) decided to sign up for hotmail.
Regrettably 'gokul' was already taken and he was given the choice of (thunder & Lightning) :uhh: Gokul43201.
From then on at PF,he transforms into his deadly & humorous Mr.Hyde form 'Gokul43201'(thunder & Lightning).

Moral: :grumpy: Sue Microsoft:Take up Linux!! :biggrin:
 
  • #11
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
Close but no cigar.

It just struck me as curious (when I was playing around with numbers some time ago) that 5 digit numbers using the digits 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 (with 0 not in the first place) in various arrangements, have a strange propensity towards forming primes. Typically, there's 1 prime for every 5 odd numbers in the range 10,000 t0 43,000. This is expected, and is within 10% of a rough estimate using x/log(x) as a prime counting function. But among the "anagrams" of 01234, there's 1 prime for every 2 odd numbers !!

The largest of these primes is 43201. :smiley repesenting profundity:




Oh, and one more thing : that's my zip-code (postal code) :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
  • #12
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
Gokul43201 said:
Oh, and one more thing : that's my zip-code (postal code) :biggrin:
Quantum wells have zip codes?
 
  • #13
356
3
Gokul43201 said:
Close but no cigar.

It just struck me as curious (when I was playing around with numbers some time ago) that 5 digit numbers using the digits 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 (with 0 not in the first place) in various arrangements, have a strange propensity towards forming primes. Typically, there's 1 prime for every 5 odd numbers in the range 10,000 t0 43,000. This is expected, and is within 10% of a rough estimate using x/log(x) as a prime counting function. But among the "anagrams" of 01234, there's 1 prime for every 2 odd numbers !!

The largest of these primes is 43201. :smiley repesenting profundity:




Oh, and one more thing : that's my zip-code (postal code) :biggrin:
I'd have taken the cigar.
 
  • #14
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
Math Is Hard said:
Quantum wells have zip codes?

Hmmm...no, but some zip codes have quantum wells ! :wink:
 
  • #15
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
4,527
28
Gokul43201 said:
Hmmm...no, but some zip codes have quantum wells ! :wink:
That is so profound, I feel quite dizzy! I am glad to know that the banana stuck in your ear has not affected your quick wit. :biggrin:
 
  • #16
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
Math Is Hard said:
I am glad to know that the banana stuck in your ear has not affected your quick wit. :biggrin:
:wink: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin: :wink: :tongue:
 

Related Threads on What's in a name?

  • Poll
  • Last Post
Replies
2
Views
1K
  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
23
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
11
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
2K
  • Last Post
11
Replies
253
Views
25K
Replies
10
Views
771
Replies
54
Views
15K
  • Last Post
Replies
18
Views
3K
Replies
19
Views
2K
Top