What's in your pocket?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have my wallet containing a crispy $100 and $10 bill, a couple of singles. My driver's license.

...What's in your pocket?

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Danger
Gold Member
The_Professional said:
I have my wallet containing a crispy $100 and $10 bill, a couple of singles.
Man... if I had your money, I'd burn mine.

Hey, you never know when you'll meet that dead-ringer for Grace Kelly so it's best to be prepared.

that depends...

If I don't say capital one will I be consumed by a mythic legion of norsemen wreaking a path of tyranny and havoc in thier wake?

Zantra said:
that depends...

If I don't say capital one will I be consumed by a mythic legion of norsemen wreaking a path of tyranny and havoc in thier wake?
"There's a distinct possibility."

Who gets it? Anyone? damn.

franznietzsche said:
"There's a distinct possibility."

Who gets it? Anyone? damn.
well you got it, so now at least I have company. Just remember- we're the normal ones, everyone else is nuking futs. :bugeye:

SOS2008
Gold Member
The_Professional said:
I have my wallet containing a crispy $100 and $10 bill, a couple of singles.
Are you married?
The_Professional said:
Hey, you never know when you'll meet that dead-ringer for Grace Kelly so it's best to be prepared.
Oh...never mind. :blushing:
Zantra said:
that depends...If I don't say capital one will I be consumed by a mythic legion of norsemen wreaking a path of tyranny and havoc in thier wake?
I get it--but does that mean I'm a nuking fut that watches too much TV?

BTW - This post is unfair for the sisters, but if you asked what we have in our purses, we'd blow ya out of the water.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Just got back from the gym. My shorts have no pockets. There's a black pen in the pants hanging on my chair.

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
Front left - keys
Front right - two pocket knives, pen
Back left - cell phone
Back right - money/credit cards

Hanging from belt - Gerber Multi-Tool and the occasional MP3 player

....is that way too much stuff :surprised ?

hmm I'm thinking you must jingle when you walk.

I have a tissue in my pocket, allergy season for me.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
128Mb jump drive
cellphone
notepad & pen
swipekey
$16.05
a wooden nub that will eventually go on the base of my custom-built aquarium

The irony here is that I've worn a belt-pouch for years to carry all my assorteds - for the sole reason that I want to not have lumpy pockets!

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Phone
Keys
Leatherman
About £35, and some cards
A shedload of pocket fluff

DocToxyn said:
Front left - keys
Front right - two pocket knives, pen
Back left - cell phone
Back right - money/credit cards

Hanging from belt - Gerber Multi-Tool and the occasional MP3 player

....is that way too much stuff :surprised ?
In Dilbert there was a character that made a brief appearance, "Technobob" I think was his name. Every technogadget known (and some as of yet unknown) hanging off his clothes even a satelite disk antenna for a hat. This just springs to mind Doc. :biggrin:

Zantra said:
that depends...

If you're in the mall, you can possibly get away when they stop to look at the Fredricks window. :biggrin:

$1.34 in change

10 Keys

Wallet with about $150,000.00 worth of credit-line :yuck: and $7.00 actual money.

Comb

14 tissues (allergy season is starting) :yuck: (If that pocket was in the middle front of my pants instead of off to the side, I'd probably be more popular.) :tongue:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Network Interface Card
Stand Alone Network Interface Unit
Upgrades UG-SU-6-54-VL Performance Upgrade
Accessories CBL-CAT 5, 50m Outdoor-rated 160ft (50m) Cat-5 Ethernet Cable
NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit
5.350 GHz. 54 Mbps OFDM.
BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.3
BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.8 Network Interface Card

and keys.

Ivan Seeking said:
Network Interface Card
NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit + Outdoor radio unit,
NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit
5.350 GHz. 54 Mbps OFDM.
BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.3

and keys.
Technobob has met his match. :biggrin:

Wallet with ID and some cash
Little green book
pen
Address book
ipod & headphones
deck of cards
keys
bus pass

left pocket: a mint 2004 U.S. nickel (Lewis & Clark edition), broken watch that is an hour off. Two slips of paper and some government paperwork.

right pocket: more government paperwork, wallet, and formula for least squares regression analysis (heh try memorizing that on your own).

My pockets are empty :(.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
*checks* Nope, no pockets today. I think there's a roll of Rolaids or Tums in my jacket pocket. Had you asked last week, it would have been more interesting, but with warm weather arriving, I haven't needed the jacket every day, so have transferred the contents of my pockets to a purse.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
motai said:
broken watch that is an hour off.
I don't think its broken...

For the host, I'm guessing you rarely have $100 in your pocket.

I have nothing in my pockets... it doesn't take much to impress people. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
*checks* Nope, no pockets today. I think there's a roll of Rolaids or Tums in my jacket pocket. Had you asked last week, it would have been more interesting, but with warm weather arriving, I haven't needed the jacket every day, so have transferred the contents of my pockets to a purse.

ya, i'm slowly tossing all my pocket junk into the purse. I've attempted to stuff stuff in my sweatshirt pockets, but then i may wear a different sweatshirt and i'm screwed.... But hey, YAY for warm weather!

Currently i'm carrying my school id and room key, a few pens. and some spare earrings... in case i get bored with the ones i'm wearing.

DocToxyn
Science Advisor
Ivan Seeking said:
Network Interface Card
5.350 GHz. 54 Mbps OFDM.
BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.3

and keys.
:bugeye: We have achieved a new meaning for the term "cargo pants".

Danger
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
Network Interface Card... ...Stand Alone Network Interface Unit

and keys.
That is just freaky.

Okay, Evo said that there's 10,000 words worth of space here, so this is it:

Pants:
Front Left –
2 pens; 1 .5mm mechanical pencil; 3 packs of spare leads for the above pencil; Otrivin sniffer (I'm allergic to dust); $50 bar receipt from darts match Monday; 4 month-old paper with hovercraft sketches (including one I was doing up for the Red Green show that involves a garden tractor duct-taped to the top of an upside down boat); 2 only slightly-used Kleenexes; $42 bar receipt from darts match previous Monday (different bar - the drinks were cheaper); spare mini-Bic lighter; until recent legal difficulties, spare mag for .45
Front Right – 2 key rings totalling 18 keys, nail clippers and a pen knife; $13 bar receipt from darts match 3 weeks ago; illegible ATM receipt (probably from the bar); Listerine pocket pack (you never know); $60 ATM receipt; one Pen-Tathlon dart flight; 3 beer can pull-tabs (my Legion collects them); $1.07 in coins
Back Right – lock picks
Back Left – wallet (you don't want to know what's in there, but it's more than the pockets put together and none of it's money :grumpy:; I think there might be some condoms too, but it's been so long I can't remember how to use them)
Between BR & BL – until recent legal difficulties, Llama IXA .45 ACP

Vest:
Left –
chequebook; tube of artificial tears; flashlight; eyeglass cleaner; pool league jacket patch; pill bottle with supplies of 7 different medicines
Right – set of darts; driver's licence medical report & receipt therefore; phone bill receipt; promotional keychain and fridge magnet for friend's stripper daughter; digital camera

I only wear the vest because I need the pockets.

Shirt – Luckily only one pocket: smokes, lighter, smoke snuffer

Jacket – Varies randomly: right now just spare smokes and a dozen rubber bands (they throw them out at work, so I bring them home for the paper boy)

Now aren't you sorry you asked? You should have seen it before I got on the ADD meds.)

matthyaouw
Gold Member
Tissues, various uni-related bits of paper, gum, wallet, a flyer for may's Amen gig, and a pencil (which is replacing yesterday's pen. Despite having showered, my leg still remains a funny shade pf black. Luckily, the trousers were black anyway.)