Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's in your pocket?

1. Apr 7, 2005 #1
    I have my wallet containing a crispy $100 and $10 bill, a couple of singles. My driver's license.

...What's in your pocket?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2005 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Man... if I had your money, I'd burn mine.

4. Apr 7, 2005 #3
    Hey, you never know when you'll meet that dead-ringer for Grace Kelly so it's best to be prepared.

5. Apr 7, 2005 #4
    that depends...

If I don't say capital one will I be consumed by a mythic legion of norsemen wreaking a path of tyranny and havoc in thier wake?

6. Apr 7, 2005 #5
    "There's a distinct possibility."

Who gets it? Anyone? damn.

7. Apr 7, 2005 #6
    well you got it, so now at least I have company. Just remember- we're the normal ones, everyone else is nuking futs. :bugeye:

8. Apr 7, 2005 #7

SOS2008

Gold Member

Are you married?
    Oh...never mind. :blushing:
    I get it--but does that mean I'm a nuking fut that watches too much TV?

BTW - This post is unfair for the sisters, but if you asked what we have in our purses, we'd blow ya out of the water.

9. Apr 7, 2005 #8

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Just got back from the gym. My shorts have no pockets. There's a black pen in the pants hanging on my chair.

10. Apr 7, 2005 #9

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

Front left - keys
    Front right - two pocket knives, pen
    Back left - cell phone
    Back right - money/credit cards

Hanging from belt - Gerber Multi-Tool and the occasional MP3 player

....is that way too much stuff :surprised ?

11. Apr 7, 2005 #10
    hmm I'm thinking you must jingle when you walk.

I have a tissue in my pocket, allergy season for me.

12. Apr 7, 2005 #11

DaveC426913

Gold Member

128Mb jump drive
    cellphone
    notepad & pen
    swipekey
    $16.05
    a wooden nub that will eventually go on the base of my custom-built aquarium

The irony here is that I've worn a belt-pouch for years to carry all my assorteds - for the sole reason that I want to not have lumpy pockets!

13. Apr 7, 2005 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Phone
    Keys
    Leatherman
    About £35, and some cards
    A shedload of pocket fluff

14. Apr 7, 2005 #13
    In Dilbert there was a character that made a brief appearance, "Technobob" I think was his name. Every technogadget known (and some as of yet unknown) hanging off his clothes even a satelite disk antenna for a hat. This just springs to mind Doc. :biggrin:

15. Apr 7, 2005 #14
    If you're in the mall, you can possibly get away when they stop to look at the Fredricks window. :biggrin:

$1.34 in change

10 Keys

Wallet with about $150,000.00 worth of credit-line :yuck: and $7.00 actual money.

Comb

14 tissues (allergy season is starting) :yuck: (If that pocket was in the middle front of my pants instead of off to the side, I'd probably be more popular.) :tongue:

16. Apr 7, 2005 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Network Interface Card
    Stand Alone Network Interface Unit
    Upgrades UG-SU-6-54-VL Performance Upgrade
    Accessories CBL-CAT 5, 50m Outdoor-rated 160ft (50m) Cat-5 Ethernet Cable
    NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
    NEW AU-D-BS-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, Indoor Network Interface Card for chassis + Outdoor radio unit,
    NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-120-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit + Outdoor radio unit,
    NEW AU-D-SA-5.3-90-VL Base station Equipment, Complete AU system, stand alone Indoor Network Interface Unit
    5.350 GHz. 54 Mbps OFDM.
    BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.3
    BREEZEACCESS VL - 5.8 Network Interface Card
    Stand Alone Network Interface Unit

and keys.

17. Apr 7, 2005 #16
    Technobob has met his match. :biggrin:

18. Apr 7, 2005 #17
    Wallet with ID and some cash
    Little green book
    pen
    Address book
    ipod & headphones
    deck of cards
    keys
    bus pass

19. Apr 7, 2005 #18
    left pocket: a mint 2004 U.S. nickel (Lewis & Clark edition), broken watch that is an hour off. Two slips of paper and some government paperwork.

right pocket: more government paperwork, wallet, and formula for least squares regression analysis (heh try memorizing that on your own).

20. Apr 7, 2005 #19
    My pockets are empty :(.

21. Apr 7, 2005 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*checks* Nope, no pockets today. I think there's a roll of Rolaids or Tums in my jacket pocket. Had you asked last week, it would have been more interesting, but with warm weather arriving, I haven't needed the jacket every day, so have transferred the contents of my pockets to a purse.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?