1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's mathematical methods?

1. Oct 17, 2008 #1
    Hey guys, well im getting into year 10 now and im sorta stressing over VCE..
    ill be doing a unit 1 and 2 subject and i was just thinking about mathematical methods which is a subject.
    i had a look at a few exam papers online and didn't have a clue what it was about.
    anyways it'd be really great if someone could give me a link to understanding or a tutorial to watch it online :)
    sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, kinda knew here and it's veryyyyyy laggy for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Is one asking about the mathematical skills/proficiency required or expected for VCE? Or is one simply asking for a definition/explanation of mathematical methods?

I take it that VCE = Victorian Certificate of Education.

Perhaps this would help. Look at the Word (doc) file and one can download the more detailed pdf. The doc file summarizes the 4 units and expectation for outcomes when the student completes each unit. The mathematical methods are algebra, probability, etc.

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/mathematics/methods/mathmethodindex.html

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. Oct 20, 2008 #3
    What happened Astronuc? did you lose your pronouns? I mean, did one lose their pronouns?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?