Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's mathematical methods?

1. Oct 17, 2008 #1
    Hey guys, well im getting into year 10 now and im sorta stressing over VCE..
    ill be doing a unit 1 and 2 subject and i was just thinking about mathematical methods which is a subject.
    i had a look at a few exam papers online and didn't have a clue what it was about.
    anyways it'd be really great if someone could give me a link to understanding or a tutorial to watch it online :)
    sorry if this thread is in the wrong section, kinda knew here and it's veryyyyyy laggy for me.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Is one asking about the mathematical skills/proficiency required or expected for VCE? Or is one simply asking for a definition/explanation of mathematical methods?

I take it that VCE = Victorian Certificate of Education.

Perhaps this would help. Look at the Word (doc) file and one can download the more detailed pdf. The doc file summarizes the 4 units and expectation for outcomes when the student completes each unit. The mathematical methods are algebra, probability, etc.

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/mathematics/methods/mathmethodindex.html

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. Oct 20, 2008 #3
    What happened Astronuc? did you lose your pronouns? I mean, did one lose their pronouns?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?