Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's my name?

1. Aug 13, 2005 #1

honestrosewater

Gold Member

What's my name??

Several PFers recently mentioned that they think they're bad at remembering names. I'm wondering how other people do on this test, because I think I'm good with names and performed horribly at first.

You 'meet' 8 people. You're shown their picture, they tell you their name, and you try to recall their names at the end.
    I got only 1 full name, 1 last name, and 1 first name on my 1st try, but I repeated this step and missed only 1 first name on my 4th try.​
    The game continues. You are given tips for remembering names and meet another 8 people. Same deal.
    In the second group of 8, I skipped one guy accidentally, but got almost everyone's name right on the 1st try - quite effortlessly (1 first name and 1 last name were a bit off, but I remembered the clues!). The tips really helped. :biggrin:

Click on The Name Game [center, bottom]. Good luck! :smile:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 13, 2005 #2

AKG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I got 3 + 1/2 + 1/2 the first time, 7 + 1/2 the second. These types of tips help with everything too, like remembering where you put something or remembering little things stuff for a test.

4. Aug 13, 2005 #3
    I got 4 full names right. Apparently I either remember all of it, or none of it.

5. Aug 13, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Did you go on to the second part?

6. Aug 13, 2005 #5
    No, I get bored easily.

7. Aug 13, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Meh, the audio part isn't working for me. I clicked on "hear name" and it told me I can only hear the name once, but it never said the name! :grumpy:

8. Aug 13, 2005 #7

honestrosewater

Gold Member

I don't doubt your intelligence, buuut are your speakers on and the volume up? :tongue2: If everything's in order, I guess this will just be a bit more challenging for you.

9. Aug 13, 2005 #8

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I can't play the game because it requires shockwave. Damn proprietary software.

10. Aug 13, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes. :tongue: It might be that my connection speed is just too slow (it says only spend 10 seconds per face, but the page takes much longer than that to finish loading...does it time out if you spend too long on a face?) Though, I've had problems like this before on quizzes like this one, but if I go back another day, it'll work. At least I'm in good company if dduardo can't play it either. :biggrin: And after I move, I'm going to solve this slow connection problem (the phone company has a 30-day risk-free trial period on DSL, so I'm going to give that a try while researching the cable options there, and deciding if I'm content with the DSL service...oh, it's self-install though, so at the beginning of September, dduardo better be watching the tech forums for my cries of help :biggrin: Oh, wait, if I can't get it connected, I can't cry for help. :frown:).

11. Aug 13, 2005 #10

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Don't worry, I installed our DSL; It's a cinch. It doesn't require any more skills than plugging in a phone and installing a program.

12. Aug 13, 2005 #11
    I can only remember their first names :mad:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?