What's on your list this year?

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
Who knows...most guys don't just buy a ring, unless it is an engagement ring...but he did make metion of a ring......I guess time will tell.

What kinda ring are you talking about???

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Who knows...most guys don't just buy a ring, unless it is an engagement ring...but he did make metion of a ring......I guess time will tell.

What kinda ring are you talking about???
Hint: Dirty.

I think proposals during Christmas time are lame. Pick a better time. I hope it's not and you get it on a more unique/original romantic night. An experience you can remember distinctly from others and not just some Christmas time.

Hint: Dirty.

I think proposals during Christmas time are lame. Pick a better time. I hope it's not and you get it on a more unique/original romantic night. An experience you can remember distinctly from others and not just some Christmas time.
Ah, you bad man!

Yeah, I mean, my best friend got engaged last year on Christmas and just got married like about a month ago.

She wants something else
There is something that comes to mind of what to get her. Does anyone remember that song from SNL a year or two ago with justin timberlake?

Danger
Gold Member
I think I am going to be getting a ring from my boyfriend though :biggrin: It will be exciting to know what I get though!
Does this have something to do with your birth-control question in the Medical Science forum? :devil:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's not a Christmas gift though. I just get tickets all the time. She wants something else, or she will consider the tickets as a Christmas. I'm not too fond of that. It's cornering me basically. So, basically, don't get her a gift of any sort for all of December is what she's saying so that she doesn't enforce anything on me.

Anyways, we are going on a trip next week to a location of her choice. That should be good enough. :tongue2:
You sound like you're of the same mindset as my boyfriend and I. We agree that we could either get big presents for each other a few times a year on specific holidays, or we could do nice things for each other all the time and not make such a fuss about it on holidays.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Rest and relaxation!:rolleyes:

Rest and relaxation!:rolleyes:
Unfortunetly, many aren't as sane as you are Lisa!.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128.../wal_mart_death [Broken]

A man DIED because of people trying to save a couple hundred bucks on a cheap TV made in china. America at its finest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa to Brazil which I will probably be buying myself.

mheslep
Gold Member
Another family with which we're really close has a rule: make the gift yourself, nothing unmodified from the store. One at first thinks Little House on the Prairie, pine cones and string, but not so. The gifts they came up with last year were wonderful. Demands some creativity, dispenses with all the usual problems of trying to buy for someone else who probably knows more about the gift than you, wrong flavor, wrong size, wrong version - all of which degenerates eventually into gift certificates. I think we're going adopt.

Art
What not to give as a gift :biggrin:

College Advisor Ran Prostitute Raffle Ended in Jail

An academic adviser at Ohio State University planned a raffle with the winner getting an evening with a prostitute. His accomplice, a Real estate agent, set up the party at his house in October. They were both arrested for promoting prostitution.

The prostitute, also arrested and charged, also works for the Franklin County Children Services as a "child sex-abuse caseworker". This is not the first time she has been arrested for prostitution.
http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=75234

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I want my allergies to go away.

wolram
Gold Member
A sack full of bits and bobs, that would keep me happy for weeks.