Have you seen The Man from Earth?

• Thread starter glueball8
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary: Otherwise, it's tough for anyone else to enjoy the joke.Asking about movies is like asking about jokes. You don't start with the punchline. :biggrin: Otherwise it's pretty tough for anyone else to enjoy the joke.The Blind Side: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/That made me laugh :smile:.The Blind Side: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/
glueball8
What's that movie called??

There's a movie name I just can't remember. :cry:

It was about a guy who has to leave his friends because he doesn't age. His like a thousands of years old and he says he was Jesus and stuff.

Most of the movie took place in a living room, but it was really good.

Does anyone know this movie?

Physics news on Phys.org

<Hijack attempt>
I also wanted to know a movie name which will be released tomorrow I believe. I listened to the commercial on the radio where a family takes in a boy who had a hard life and then few things happen. It looked quite like a good (dry-unromantic) emotional movie.
</Hijack attempt>

Ya same here. I look though the few movie threads but I didn't expect the name to be "The Man From Earth"

rootX said:
<Hijack attempt>
I also wanted to know a movie name which will be released tomorrow I believe. I listened to the commercial on the radio where a family takes in a boy who had a hard life and then few things happen. It looked quite like a good (dry-unromantic) emotional movie.
</Hijack attempt>

The Blind Side: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/

rootX said:
<Hijack attempt>
</Hijack attempt>

New Moon. (kidding)

Too bad for anyone who discovers The Man from Earth through this thread. The entire plot was just shot to hell.

Asking about movies is like asking about jokes. You don't start with the punchline. :biggrin: Otherwise it's pretty tough for anyone else to enjoy the joke.

Last edited:

maverick_starstrider said:
New Moon. (kidding)

That made me laugh :smile:.

russ_watters said:

Thanks I finally watched that movie.

It was bit boring but the ending was awesome, and it was so close to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Oher" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Seeking said:
Too bad for anyone who discovers The Man from Earth through this thread. The entire plot was just shot to hell.

Very true. Is there any spoiler code for this forum?

Hah. There is so.

Maybe we should require it for posts that are going to ruin the plots of books, movies, and whatnot.

1. What's that movie called where a group of teens go on a road trip and encounter a killer?

The movie you are thinking of is most likely "The Cabin in the Woods" (2012), directed by Drew Goddard.

2. What's that movie called where a man wakes up in a time loop and has to relive the same day over and over?

The movie you are thinking of is probably "Groundhog Day" (1993), directed by Harold Ramis and starring Bill Murray.

3. What's that movie called where a man uses a time machine to try and prevent a tragedy?

The movie you are thinking of is most likely "Source Code" (2011), directed by Duncan Jones and starring Jake Gyllenhaal.

4. What's that movie called where a group of astronauts get stranded on a distant planet and have to fight for survival?

The movie you are thinking of is probably "Interstellar" (2014), directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Matthew McConaughey.

5. What's that movie called where a group of friends get trapped in a haunted house and have to uncover its secrets?

The movie you are thinking of is most likely "The Haunting" (1999), directed by Jan de Bont and starring Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones.