What's that supposed to mean?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Sometimes I think the 'other' person has something going on in 'their' mind a lot of the time---

One local grocery store changed it layout, I didn't know where something was. I asked a lady that was looking at some item, 'where the bread was', and she turned toward me, got one of those little smiles on her face, and she said, "I'm married".
I would have responded with "I'm so happy for you, now can you please tell me where the bread is?"

I would have responded with "I'm so happy for you, now can you please tell me where the bread is?"
I just returned that 'little smile' that she gave me---then, she made a little bit bigger smile

turbo
Gold Member
I'm clueless about this stuff. For some reason, I have had a lot of trouble interpreting women's cues unless they were pretty darned direct. I had a fairly long-term relationship with a woman two years older than me, in college. She was a leggy lifeguard with a baby-face, and when I walked to a local bar during a snowstorm for a drink or two, I shook off the snow and sat at a table alone. She came over and asked if she could sit with me - then she asked if she could buy me a drink. Quite a change from the routine that I would have expected from ladies my own age. I would never have approached her that evening - she looked "out of my league" to me. She later gave me hell (gently) for not noticing that she was smiling at me and for not picking up on the hint that she wanted my company.

oh-boy---that 'drink'/'noticed' thing reminded me of something else----

I went to the bar, order a beer, turned around to watch the crowd----then some woman came up and threw a drink in my face. Never seen her before in my life. Her friends came up, and dragged her away. One stayed behind and apologized for her---and said something about 'not being noticed'----

----that one, I didn't deserve

oh-boy---that 'drink'/'noticed' thing reminded me of something else----

I went to the bar, order a beer, turned around to watch the crowd----then some woman came up and threw a drink in my face. Never seen her before in my life. Her friends came up, and dragged her away. One stayed behind and apologized for her---and said something about 'not being noticed'----

----that one, I didn't deserve
you must have been drunk. what she really said was "didn't you notice you were standing on her toe?"

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sometimes I think the 'other' person has something going on in 'their' mind a lot of the time---

One local grocery store changed it layout, I didn't know where something was. I asked a lady that was looking at some item, 'where the bread was', and she turned toward me, got one of those little smiles on her face, and she said, "I'm married".
:rofl: So that's what I've been doing wrong! I've heard that a good place to pick up people is in the grocery store, but never realized the "code" was to ask them where the bread is.

Actually, this says less about how he thinks of himself and more about how he thinks of you. He is attracted to you.
That's how I'd interpret it...more of wishful thinking than anything else.