Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Whats the Impact of math mentors?

1. Oct 19, 2012 #1
    Here I would like to open the floor for people to express the impact of math mentors on their educational experience as a primary education student. Please give some insight on how they may have helped you develop your skills or interest.

I am beginning to realize how important such people are to young student starting algebra I (or later) for motivational, spiritually and egotistical purposes. Having someone whom you look up to studying similar but more advanced material is both insightful and helpful. Please shed some light on your ideas and thoughts on this topic.

What I am considering a mentor: Friends, siblings, Parents, etc.

What I am Not considering a mentor: teacher, professor, or any member associated with an academic institution which one does not see outside the academic sponsored environments, only because teachers obviously have a valuable role as a mentor in the learning experience.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted