1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What's the job market like in computational science?

1. Jan 15, 2015 #1
    I was just looking at graduate programs in computational science. I understand that it's a broad term that encompasses a wide variety of fields. Right now I'm an undergraduate in electrical engineering, and I plan on going to graduate school. The computational science programs caught my eye, though. Who hires people with degrees in computational science? And to be more specific, what's the difference between going into, say, a computationally heavy area of physics versus some kind of applied math? I'm just going over all my options, and I'd like to know more about these programs.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook