Discover ILB: A Comprehensive Course for Your Career

• Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a course called "ILB" which the person did not know much about. Another person suggested that it could be the International Baccalaureate (IB) course, which is internationally recognized and helps students go to universities in different countries. However, the person was not sure if it was necessary to study this course in addition to engineering in order to get a job in a foreign country. They also discussed how to move posts on a forum and the possibility of needing a course to show English proficiency for job opportunities. In the end, it was suggested to close the thread and the conversation ended.
powergirl
I happened to hear abt a course"ILB".May I know more abt this course??:bugeye:

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you mean International Baccalaureate courses? www.ibo.org.

I think the main purpose of it is that it is internationally recognized, i.e. you can go to University in a different country with an IB diploma.

One person told me that for getting job in foreign countries we have to study this course in addition to engineering...

I can't say for sure but I don't believe so. I believe it is only for going to school in different countries. I am sure you can find info about it on their website.

Ok...Thanks anyway...
I'll check this on their website.

No problem. :) It looks like they only have courses at the High School (and lower) level. I can confidently say that once you have a degree in Engineering, no employer is going to ask to see your high school diploma. If, on the other hand, you wanted to go to a school in the US, your country's high school curriculum may not match the US's. So the IB program basically gets you up to par with the best high schools in the world(Not saying they are in the US, I am Canadian :P.), therefore allowing you to apply to universities anywhere.

I happened to post 2 chemistry h.w q's in Advanced physics section.Can anyone help me to move that??

Can you still press edit and then press delete at this time?

Then you can just 'move' them on your own.

No that's not the matter.It's that...Is it required to study some correspondance course like ILB(I'm not sure wat this couse is...)while doing our B-tech or M-tech degree...for getting better jobs in foreign countries??:)

dontdisturbmycircles said:
Can you still press edit and then press delete at this time?
QUOTE]

edit?where's that button?i can't see any...:frown:

I think this question may be over my head, so I'll let someone else answer it. Sorry that I could not help, powergirl.

You should try to find out what 'ILB' stands for. Because I did a search on google and came up with nothing.

On the bottom right of every post you make, you may have to go to your "preferences" or "user CP" at the top and change your skin to prime. Go to "options" and at the bottom there should be a part talking about skins... change it to 'PF prime'. Then you should see the "edit" button.

OK...but am not able to press edit and delete at the same time...:(

Well, then I am sure that someone will move them. Alternatively you could just post "Delete these please, I have already made new posts in the "other sciences" forum. And then go make 2 new posts in the other sciences forum. :P

leave it...Thanks circles...:)

powergirl said:
OK...but am not able to press edit and delete at the same time...:(

If you post a reply right now, you should be able to press edit, and then a new button will replace edit named "delete" next to "go advanced". Then you press "delete message" and press accept. Does that work?

Also, maybe we should move this to PM's if it gets much longer.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
Well, then I am sure that someone will move them. Alternatively you could just post "Delete these please, I have already made new posts in the "other sciences" forum. And then go make 2 new posts in the other sciences forum. :P

Yes,I did it atlast...:devil:

I'm getting mad...hooo...better i must close this thread...grrrrrrr

powergirl said:
One person told me that for getting job in foreign countries we have to study this course in addition to engineering...
I doubt this is the international bacc. course, which is equivalent to a complete education from ages 11-18.

Sounds more like you're talking about a course to show you have a good understanding of the English language.

J77 said:
Sounds more like you're talking about a course to show you have a good understanding of the English language.

I didnt understand what U said..am sorry...May I know what u meant by saying the above quoted sentence??:bugeye:

1. What is "Discover ILB" and who is it for?

"Discover ILB" is a comprehensive course designed to help professionals advance their career by improving their leadership skills. It is suitable for anyone looking to enhance their skills and take their career to the next level.

2. What topics are covered in the course?

The course covers a wide range of topics including effective communication, team building, conflict resolution, time management, and strategic planning. It also includes modules on emotional intelligence and mindfulness, which are essential for successful leadership.

3. Who are the instructors for the course?

The course is taught by a team of experienced professionals with backgrounds in leadership development, business management, and organizational psychology. They bring a wealth of knowledge and practical experience to the course.

4. Can I complete the course at my own pace?

Yes, the course is self-paced, allowing you to complete it at a speed that works for you. You will have access to the course materials for a specified period, giving you the flexibility to fit the course into your schedule.

5. Is there a certificate upon completion of the course?

Yes, upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate that you can add to your resume or LinkedIn profile. This certificate serves as a validation of your newly acquired skills and can be a valuable asset when seeking career advancement opportunities.