What's your favorite calculator?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter ArcanaNoir
  • Start date
I used to have that Sharp in the first image zgozvrm! Good times!

jhae2.718
Gold Member
My calculator:
100px-Matlab_Logo.png

When I'm not on a computer, I have a Ti-84, though I just bought an HP-50 to replace it.

My HP-28S has been serving me well for the past 23 years and has been my favourite calculator to use. Recently acquired a second one off ebay so that I'd have one for work and for home

S.R
Scientific calculator: TI-30XS MultiView™
U72755_ti-30xs_multiview_scientific_calculator.jpg

gmax137
Science Advisor
I have an HP-32S bought new in 1990. In the past few weeks it has started missing zeros when I enter numbers (some problem with the key). Too bad, I really like the calculator. I hear the new ones are crap, anyone have any good tips on a replacement?

I have an HP-32S bought new in 1990. In the past few weeks it has started missing zeros when I enter numbers (some problem with the key). Too bad, I really like the calculator. I hear the new ones are crap, anyone have any good tips on a replacement?

The HP35s is the way! :smile:

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I have an HP-32S bought new in 1990. In the past few weeks it has started missing zeros when I enter numbers (some problem with the key).

Just figure out how to take it apart and clean the gunk out of the keyboard. You will probably by surprised by what has got in there, over the years. It should then by OK for another 20 years!

Warning - before you take it apart, make sure you have a drawing or a picture of where all the keys go, otherwise you will probably be guessing which function key goes where when you rebuild it. It is usually possible to take a calculator apart so all the keys DON'T fall out in a heap - but only after you have done it wrong the first time, and learned from your mistake!