What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Thread starter Darth Frodo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Type
In summary: It's Jimmy Snyder. Look at his sig. Anyway, it isn't normally completely flavorless - a tiny bit of the chocolate flavor usually survives, at least with old fashioned production methods.So guys? What's your favorite type of chocolate?In summary, dark chocolate is the favorite type of chocolate for most people.

What's your favorite type of chocolate?

• Dark Chocolate

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • Milk Chocolate

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • White Chocolate

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
Jimmy Snyder said:
My father's parents lived in VT and my mother's in NH. I lived in NJ. When I was a child, before the interstate highway system, it took two days to get to my grandparents' place. We would stop along the way at some cheap motel, stay the night and finish up the next day. We would stop at Hebert's candy shop along the way too. My father loved to get ribbon candy, a kind of hard candy shaped into thin wavy ribbons. One year I got a piece of white chocolate on a stick like a lollypop. That was my first taste of it and I thought it was yummy. I never saw white chocolate again until I was already an adult. I thought that only Hebert's had it. I still think it's yummy, smoother than milk chocolate, and full of warm memories too.
Most "white chocolate" today are actually vanilla flavored summer coating. Summer coating are usually sold as discs of "white chocolate".

A lot of people like the vanilla candies. I like them in Pepperidge farms white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Most "white chocolate" today are actually vanilla flavored summer coating. Summer coating are usually sold as discs of "white chocolate".

A lot of people like the vanilla concoction.
I think I know what you mean. It's whiter than white chocolate and the label says white confection or something like that. I've never had any though.

Jimmy Snyder said:
White 100%

You racist!

I didn't know you participated in racing, Jimmy. I would, but my knee is bum.

I think my mother used to hide her baking chocolate in one of our freezers. I was a monster on that stuff.

I know someone from russia who goes home every so often and brings back these incredible chocolates, no idea what they are, but the world's best chocolates are definitely russian.

jeebs said:
I know someone from russia who goes home every so often and brings back these incredible chocolates, no idea what they are, but the world's best chocolates are definitely russian.

I had some chocolate from Russia and it had the taste and texture of wax :(

turbo said:
I think my mother used to hide her baking chocolate in one of our freezers. I was a monster on that stuff.
I hide my chocolate as well, from my boyfriend. The other night he told me he knows where I hide it, that he just follows the trail.. from my nightstand, to my desk drawer, to the bathroom cupboard :rofl:

But there is a bigger stash that I think he hasn't found yet :biggrin:

Dark chocolate with hazelnuts is my favorite.

My sisters were all sugar-freaks. I would happily eat unsweetened baking chocolate.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I had some chocolate from Russia and it had the taste and texture of wax :(

lol, that might be what I like about them actually, they've got a weird texture. I hold them in my mouth for ages until they melt.